Mountain Quail

Hunted them a lot when I lived in Nevada. Gambel's and California quail too. mtmuley
 
I have them all over my property in Oregon. Beautiful and great looking. They taste just like, well other quail which of course are delicious.
 
We have a ton of bob whites around here. No season. No limit. My wife likes them. The Marlin 60 might be put to use when she is gone. Cottontails too. mtmuley
 
I’ve never hunted them but did flush a covey of mountain quail hauling elk in Idaho.
 
I have them all over my property in Oregon. Beautiful and great looking. They taste just like, well other quail which of course are delicious.
I hunt them in NE Oregon, limit two.

I hunted them for decades in desert mountains where they dined on sweet pinyon pine nuts and foraged on a plant fillerie (28%) sugar.

They were in great abundance, and limit was 10/day and with a tracking snow close to 10/day was doable.
 
Back
Top