MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Binocular/Rangefinder Advice

Hammsolo

I posted awhile ago that my truck was broken into again… My chest harness with binoculars and rangefinder was stolen… I have my backpack Vortex Diamondback Binos… I need a rangefinder asap. I don’t think I want to go bino/rangefinder combo because I use my setup for rifle/archery/3D shoots. What are your thoughts? @schmalts is always great. He’s recommending some Meopta Meopro Airs. I don’t know jack about them. Any opinions?

When I lost one of these and had to replace it, it cost me way more than $165. Not to mention the few cold nights I had to endure.

I've been really happy with my leupold rangefinder. It's going on 6 years now with zero issues. I bought a pair of the meopro air 10x42 binos from schmalts last fall. The glass is outstanding for the price point. My only knock on them is the non locking diopter. The diopter moves a fair bit in my bino harness and is continually moving and needing readjusted.

I've been really happy with my leupold rangefinder. It's going on 6 years now with zero issues. I bought a pair of the meopro air 10x42 binos from schmalts last fall. The glass is outstanding for the price point. My only knock on them is the non locking diopter. The diopter moves a fair bit in my bino harness and is continually moving and needing readjusted.

I keep finding that exact review all over the place. ”Amazing glass for the price, but the diopter is annoying.”

I’m starting to lean toward a combo of the Meopros and a Leupold rangefinder. I sent a message to the classified above. Anyone have any knowledge of him? I think going cheap on the rangefinder and upgrading later is the plan. Binos are way more important as we all know.

I’ve switched over to a rangefinding bino and won’t be going back. I have a Nikon 4k I could sell you if you’re interested. I’ve held onto it as a backup but haven’t had reason to use it since getting the binos.

I posted awhile ago that my truck was broken into again… My chest harness with binoculars and rangefinder was stolen… I have my backpack Vortex Diamondback Binos… I need a rangefinder asap. I don’t think I want to go bino/rangefinder combo because I use my setup for rifle/archery/3D shoots. What are your thoughts? @schmalts is always great. He’s recommending some Meopta Meopro Airs. I don’t know jack about them. Any opinions?
I see used Leicas very reasonable. Love mine. What state are you in? There is one in Helena for $200 on FB right now.

I see used Leicas very reasonable. Love mine. What state are you in? There is one in Helena for $200 on FB right now.
I’m in Spokane, but my Mom lives in Anaconda still. I have land up Mill Creek that I frequent every few weeks.

I’ve switched over to a rangefinding bino and won’t be going back. I have a Nikon 4k I could sell you if you’re interested. I’ve held onto it as a backup but haven’t had reason to use it since getting the binos.

Do you use them for archery? What do you want to get out of the rangefinder? Details?

Do you use them for archery? What do you want to get out of the rangefinder? Details?
Yes, I do, and they work…ok. A small lower-powered rangefinder is definitely more convenient for archery.

I think I paid $350 for the Nikon. Sell for $250?

I have an sig kilo I use for archery which is great. It’s fair for rifle ranging. I’ve got a Leica that sits in my safe as a back up. I have thrown Nikon and leopold rangefinders in the trash. I just got a Maven RF.1 for rifle use. I give it an A+ so far. It is a little big, but it’s also very inexpensive. It picks up ranges on anything. I’m not sure I’d like it as much as the Sig for archery due to the manual vs. auto brightness adjustment.

Does anyone know of a rangefinder-bino combination where the read out is in the left-eye piece?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back