Bino question

raiderbowhunter

Ok, here's the deal. I have a pair of Leupold Rogue 10x50's. My inlaws want to get me a new pair of binos for Christmas. I plan to continue putting in for public NM, CO, and ID for elk primarily and possibly mule deer.

My main question is what power would be a good all around power for the hunting is like to do....? I'm leaning towards 8x42, but I don't really have a clue as I am only two years into elk hunting after hunting whitetails from a stand in TX all my life before that....:/

Thanks for all the help!

I prefer 8X42 over the 10X. Others may have different opinions. The better field of view helps and I find 8X to be adequate magnification.

You can also check out this post. There were several that discussed this about a month ago.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=256819

I prefer 10's but I know lots of folks prefer 8's. If you are used to a 10x50 it may not be a bad idea to swap for an 8x42 if you wanted to go for something a bit more compact. It will help with FOV and Exit pupil.

I knew I didn't search well enough :eek:. Thanks for the heads up on that thread

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back