Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bino harness

Not my post but, I found it via search but it's been dead for a couple weeks so I dont mind hijacking a little, to add a little. This was my current bono harness. I strap rangefinder on lower straps. Seemed alright for a while, but the binos slide a little and if there is an precipitation it seems to get on the eye piece .107270

After reading the post I wanted you Marsupial guys to know you convinced me to give it a try! Thanks.

Edit** after watching a few reviews I wanted to ask how you guys that recommend the Marsupial feel it works in the rain? It alot more closed than my current set up, but it's still not fully enclosed.

Last edited:
Receiving kuiu on Monday. I want the lowest profile option that I can use one handed and it seemed like best option. Also added the range finder pouch. If it does not suit me will give marsupial a hard look. 5C9132D1-9055-4A34-8F38-543258EF9370.jpeg

here it is with what looks like my new binos sitting in it.

B7CAB93E-E341-4DCF-9C77-3E7D18BF1316.jpeg

also like the option to forgo the pouch at times.

Attachments

• AEDC6FA7-333F-45D5-89C9-8232C79AA6C9.png
    AEDC6FA7-333F-45D5-89C9-8232C79AA6C9.png
    4 MB · Views: 7
Rumor has it Kuiu is releasing a bino harness this fall that will have 4 attachment points to the actual harness material instead of the top straps connecting to the binos. Not sure if they'll be ditching the current design or offer both options. I also saw a post where a guy cut a couple holes in his harness to connect the top straps. He reinforced the openings and had it functioning quite well.

After 4-5 years, maybe more, can't remember, my FHF harness is starting to have some rub spots and pulled thread here and there. I just ordered another, love them. I really like the kydex holster slung directly underneath, working on that setup with the new one. I also run Hill People Gear chest packs once in a while, I just ditch the straps completely off the binos when I do that. Their rigs are more than bino holders, but handy enough I have 3 different sizes. To be fair, all this gear isn't for me, I usually have a kid or two in tow and routinely lend out gear when new hunters come with us for elk. My buddy loves his marsupial and left his Kuiu for that. I think they're all so expensive, a person just uses what they commit to due to the investment!

I was also in the market for a bino harness and had a few requirements including being made in the US and slim. I ended up deciding on the Marsupial with the upgraded harness and it is awesome. Quality looks to be top notch, it holds my binos snug but not overly snug, and it fits excellent. Overall I'm extremely happy with it so far. Buy a Marsupial and you will be happy you did.

@Khunter curious if yours will stay shut, my lid will only stay in place if it’s cranked down. Biggest reason why I’m going FHF.

Mines 5 years old, maybe they fixed that issue.

Fhf is solid, I like the way the harness feels. Holds the pouch tight to your body at all times but doesn’t feel restricting.
Really boils down to 2 features IMO.

The direction the lid opens.
There is not an advantage to having the seam on the front IMO. On front it can snag on things and the lid flap is in the way every time you put your binos back in the pouch. The clip can really snag on things. Sorry FHF guys but it's true. Opening the other direction simply works better and makes more sense.

Then the closure. Do you want to use your fingers to manually open and clip every time you use your binos, or do you prefer to use magnets which do that part for you and don't require clips, removing gloves, etc..

Those 2 features give the marsupial a big advantage over the FHF IMO.
I’ve never had to remove gloves to use my fhf... that’s just weird. It’s pretty easy to operate. The directional difference is definitely a preference thing. Whichever you like but I don’t think that’s a downfall of fhf. I think the fhf is comfortable and works very well. It also holds my 10x42 vortex binos very snug which was a concern for me. Sizing and comfort I think are a big deal for a bino harness. Don’t want a 1000$ pair of binos banging around inside the pouch and causing hotspots on your body. I like my fhf, but I’m not bagging on any other brand except for the free hanging options like under armour or some other companies make.

I am looking for a new bino harness. What do you like and why
I like the MR bino harness. Its lightweight, secure, and easily used with one hand. I also had the badlands zipper style but didn't care for it much.

Happy with the horn hunter op-x. Magnetic closure and the lid folding away from the chest is a must have for me. Comes in two sizes, standard and large. I have three different sizes of binos, so I got the large. Works for me...

Me too. I started a long and really useful (to me at least) thread on this topic last year. Came down to Marsupial vs. the rest of the world and the Marsupials won (unlike the first time). I bought mine just before they upgraded their system. I could almost sell my old one and buy the new one, just for that phone pocket which carries my On-X system.

What did you find the advantage of the Marsupial to be over the Outdoor Vision? I read your old thread and agree with your requirements. I currently use a Kuiu and wanted a harness that fully enclosed the binos as he Kuiu is open on the back and I’ve had grass seeds and what not fall in there. Also I wanted one with a detachable, separate bino tether to make sharing with a buddy or my wife easier. The Marsupial and Outdoor Vision seem similar with the biggest and perhaps only major difference is that the Outdoor Vision fully encloses the sides whereas the Marsupial does not? Am I missing anything?

What did you find the advantage of the Marsupial to be over the Outdoor Vision? I read your old thread and agree with your requirements. I currently use a Kuiu and wanted a harness that fully enclosed the binos as he Kuiu is open on the back and I’ve had grass seeds and what not fall in there. Also I wanted one with a detachable, separate bino tether to make sharing with a buddy or my wife easier. The Marsupial and Outdoor Vision seem similar with the biggest and perhaps only major difference is that the Outdoor Vision fully encloses the sides whereas the Marsupial does not? Am I missing anything?

I do not recall looking at that one when I was shopping. I don't see any downside to it in a quick inspection. The integrated raincover might be nice. But what rain/snow I've been in with the Marsupial, it has performed well. The OV looks like a very good rig to me.

Rick Young Outdoors Ultralight with the neoprene cover. Super light and low bulk, I've been happy with this system so far.

I went FHF with a GPS and a rangefinder pouch. The Marsupial was a close second, but a no go for me due to the magnets and the fact that I run a compass/GPS. AGC was third, but a bit bulky and rides kinda low.

I do not recall looking at that one when I was shopping. I don't see any downside to it in a quick inspection. The integrated raincover might be nice. But what rain/snow I've been in with the Marsupial, it has performed well. The OV looks like a very good rig to me.

Do the magnets on the Marsupial hold if you jolt your body? I.e. if you fall and catch yourself or lunge forward like you’re coming off a deadfall tree and stop do the magnetic latches open up? I like the design of the outdoor vision and just got it today, it doesn’t fit me quite as well as the fhf as I’m a smaller framed guy and the magnets open when I jolt them with the weight of the binos inside.

That has not been a problem with my very heavy 10x42 Leicas. I've also crawled with it, no problem.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back