PEAX Equipment

Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

In fairness, General tags don't use your points, so you will still have 18 elk points in your MWFP account there just wont be any limited units to use them on.
That was my facetious point. Accumulated bonus points would largely become irrelevant because in the aftermath there would be nothing worthwhile to use them on in terms of quality elk.

I'm not giving up on Montana, and will be opposed to all the bad ideas coming out of the funhouse every step of the way.Even if they succeed.

Rally as many people as possible and show up.

They are banking on people not coming to committee hearings. That's the entire reason why the set the rules as they did. The majority party in Montana doesn't give two shits what the average hunter thinks. They made their deal with UT money launderers & outfitters. The votes are pre-decided and the public hearing is a formality. It's process for process sake, and they don't want your opinion.

DIY resident hunters are not anything to them.

The only way these bills die is if there is a massive uprising of Montanans. Or if Nonresidents boycott the state & crater FWP funding. The only way you will matter to them is if you show up in force.

Sheesh this is ridiculous.

How can we prevent elk that spend 99% of their time on the N Bar, Horse Ranch, Galt Ranch Etc. being counted in the district populations?

To Ben's point, you (Montanans) voted for people who said they were in favor of crazy shit... but now you surprised they did some crazy shit?
I'm in Colorado so I'm just lookin at this with no experience with these people. Just looking at the stuff recently. Seems pretty wack.

I'm in Colorado so I'm just lookin at this with no experience with these people. Just looking at the stuff recently. Seems pretty wack.

it is a combination of political payback to outfitters who bankrolled some of the dark money attacks in favor of Republicans, and a pent up frustration relative to having their anti-North American Model agenda shoved down their throats for the last 16 years. They're like a kid who just got an unlimited pass to a Nevada whorehouse, and they're going to ride all the rides at once.

It's an orgiastic explosion of self-interest & hate on the part of the outfitters & GOP.

I keep waiting for the good conservationists I know in the GOP to show up, but they're not there yet. Probably won't ever be now.

Quit voting for Republicans.
I've been trying to convince every like-minded hunter I know of this for awhile. I don't care how you vote at the nationwide level but I'm straight Dem in state elections for all the reasons we're seeing this session. Montana state-level Democrats would be considered moderate Republicans at the national level.

it is a combination of political payback to outfitters who bankrolled some of the dark money attacks in favor of Republicans, and a pent up frustration relative to having their anti-North American Model agenda shoved down their throats for the last 16 years. They're like a kid who just got an unlimited pass to a Nevada whorehouse, and they're going to ride all the rides at once.

It's an orgiastic explosion of self-interest & hate on the part of the outfitters & GOP.

I keep waiting for the good conservationists I know in the GOP to show up, but they're not there yet. Probably won't ever be now.
Forgive me if I'm out of line, but it seems you've come up with a conspiracy in which outfitters and corrupt politicians have come created a secret society hell bent on destroying hunting in America. I don't doubt the people involved in this bill are crazy, but that seems almost as crazy.

Forgive me if I'm out of line, but it seems you've come up with a conspiracy in which outfitters and corrupt politicians have come created a secret society hell bent on destroying hunting in America. I don't doubt the people involved in this bill are crazy, but that seems almost as crazy.

I spent every odd numbered year in the capitol working for resident hunters since 2009. It's not a secret. It's been in plain sight all along, but it is wasnt until Gianforte got elected that these bills had a path to getting signed.

Forgive me if I'm out of line, but it seems you've come up with a conspiracy new political reality in which outfitters and corrupt politicians have come created a secret society hell bent on destroying completely privatizing and commercializing hunting in America Montana. I don't doubt the people involved in this bill are crazy, but that seems almost as crazy like reality.
Took a little editing, but this is better.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back