Caribou Gear

Bigfoot

But when the kill shot has been made, and the hero shots have been taken the real work begins. Better get the gutshark!!!!!

A few years ago my bother and I backpacked into a lake a small distance into the Warner Mtns. in Northeastern CA. On the second day a few others had hiked in for a day of fishing. About dusk when it looked like everyone else had left we started hearing what sounded like fist sized rocks being thrown into the water. We couldn’t see very well, but we tried to see what was going on to no avail. The sounds kept getting closer to us along the opposite shore line for about a half hour. Then we heard one on the opposite side of us. We kept thinking big ol trout jumping but deep down knew it wasn’t the same sound a large fish makes when feeding. We thought about breaking camp and heading back but thought if it was some kids trying to scare us and we ran into them hiding on the trail they would probably get shot. Finally When it was to dark to see I fired my pistol into the air and it quit. I actually slept better that night than the night before. Never thought I would. The next morning I went to where the one sound opposite the others came from and threw a rock in the water. It sounded exactly the same. It was a weird experience and we have no idea what it was. But I agree with others, if big-foots were real we would have some kind of evidence by now.

More recent news that’s not too helpful to the Bigfoot cause. Personally, my belief in the following creatures from most to least likely to exist is : most likely-aliens>>>>> (all else quite distant)>ghosts>Bigfoot> (just barely)>unicorns=dragons-least likely.

I have a family story.
Have an uncle who lived with his wife and oldest son lived in a rural family owned house by the Red River in Texas for a few years. The boy, as a very young kid, had his baby bed in front of a window. He used to point at the window and say Babo, babo various times of the evening. They always though he was talking about the cattle outside. One day at the doctor's office waiting room, he toddled over to the low table where the magazines were laying out and started saying babo, babo and pointing. When his Mom went over, a magazine was opened to an article with pics about Bigfoot. To this day the family doesn't joke about Bigfoot sightings.
I do not like to stay in that house , it was also built on or very near some native american grave sites. Bad juju !
Not sure I believe but "from the mouths of babes."

All this proves is that NOBODY can spin a yarn like Texans can!

Then what type of mount would you get? A full mount in your living room would be kinda spooky but a shoulder mount would be just plain sick don't you think?

I think the ultimate would be a European mount...

I've heard strange noises at night out in the bush though we have no "bigfoot" in Australia. Humans have always been afraid of the great unknown which is why we've made stories to explain what we don't understand. I think things in nature always have a reasonable and real answer, sometimes the individual just doesn't or can't know all the answers. Doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

You can't just leave that hanging there!!!! Hell, if you don't want to post it, pm me, I'd love to hear it.

It was dusk but not dark travelling along the interstate near Donner Pass. We were travelling East bound and movement was caught on the far side of the west bound lanes. This thing sprinted across the west bound lanes and in stride went over the jersey barriers dividing the lanes then in another 2 steps crossed the east bound lanes right in front of us. It was hairy, huge and incredibly fast. Literally crossed from side to side in 4-5 strides running. Dad slammed on the brakes and pulled over and we jumped out to try and get a look but it was gone. Never really had seen my dad rattled even when coming across wildlife running in front of us in Idaho which happens frequently. The creature was wild. The ride back to Idaho was full of wide eyed conversation. Of course this was before dash cams and technology conveniences so no evidence but it was something we had never seen in our life.

It was dusk but not dark travelling along the interstate near Donner Pass. We were travelling East bound and movement was caught on the far side of the west bound lanes. This thing sprinted across the west bound lanes and in stride went over the jersey barriers dividing the lanes then in another 2 steps crossed the east bound lanes right in front of us. It was hairy, huge and incredibly fast. Literally crossed from side to side in 4-5 strides running. Dad slammed on the brakes and pulled over and we jumped out to try and get a look but it was gone. Never really had seen my dad rattled even when coming across wildlife running in front of us in Idaho which happens frequently. The creature was wild. The ride back to Idaho was full of wide eyed conversation. Of course this was before dash cams and technology conveniences so no evidence but it was something we had never seen in our life.
Thanks for sharing, that's really awesome. I bet it has made for a cool story for you and your Dad. Again, thanks

That's the problem with saying bigfoot doesn't exist. You have to say people like HowaHunter are lying or crazy. I aint gunna do that.

Years ago my wife and I were staying in a cabin in Ak and in the middle of the night the wife needed to go out to the out house. A minute later she was back in telling me that there was a bear by the trail to the outhouse. I looked, it was a rusty barrel. She had walked by it many times in the daylight.

Years ago a man in the Gardiner Mt area returning to the truck as it was getting dark while bear hunting, shot a woman in a tent after mistaking the tent for a bear.

I would say that there is another possibility other than lying, or crazy, and that would be.... mistaken. Not saying that bigfoot does not exist, just offering another possibility.
My dad had a name for things like your wife's barrel. He called them figments. As in figments of your imagination. He just called them figments and they mostly came out between dusk and dawn. Kind of put a positive spin on imaginary critters. Instead of mistakenly thinking you saw something that didn't exist, you did see something that did exist. You saw a figment. I'm sure many bigfoots are in reality figments..

Then what type of mount would you get? A full mount in your living room would be kinda spooky but a shoulder mount would be just plain sick don't you think?

I believe this is what he'd (or she or does not identify, never know) like.....

That's the problem with saying bigfoot doesn't exist. You have to say people like HowaHunter are lying or crazy. I aint gunna do that.
Just means he can spin a yarn just as good as the Texans.👽

My grandmother once told me a story about camping in the Trinity NF in the 1950s. It was either a Yeti or some crazy hermit living in the woods. Probably the latter....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back