Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bigfoot

A few years ago my 20ish son and I back packed in to an area to hunt elk. First night there I was awakened by the loudest, weirdest, scream like noise at about 4 am. It was not like anything I have ever heard, and I can't even describe it because I have nothing to compare it to.

I woke my son the next time I heard it about 10 minutes later. We laid there and listened and soon after he had fallen back asleep it happened again. I think it was 3 or maybe 4 times. In the morning we went further in and shot a couple of bulls so we never spent another night.

2 weeks later we went back looking for deer and split up a half hour before light and I went further in coming out another way. My son climbed the ridge and while waiting for decent light he heard this sound. Same thing. Same place. I asked him if he had gone over to see if he could see it or find tracks. He finally fessed up that he couldn't make himself go look for whatever it was. He had a rifle and has been in the woods since he could walk, including solo back pack camps in Grizzly country.

Several decades in the woods and I have never heard anything remotely like it. I don't think for 1 minute that it was bigfoot, but for the life of me I can't even come up with a possibility. This was several miles in with no one else in the area. I have been there several times since but have never heard it again.

We named the place Yeti basin. We smile when we say it. Weird/unexplained yes.
I understand that mountain lions can make one heck of a weird scream. Never heard it myself, but wondered if it could have been that.

Weren't there something a while back about a guy that had a body but couldn't release pictures cuz some University was analyzing the corpse?
Musta shot it right before it fell off the edge of the earth.

I understand that mountain lions can make one heck of a weird scream. Never heard it myself, but wondered if it could have been that.
I have never heard a cougar scream but once while surveying the Forest Service property line around the back side of a big ranch we ran into an old hermit named Russel who lived in an old cabin back in the hills on the ranch. Russel took a liking to us and fallowed us around talking our ears off. When the subject turned to cougars he told us he had one give a blood curdling scream right outside the cabin one night. He said “it sounded just like a woman screaming as she is being murdered by her husband.” We all feltt the reference was kind of specific and maybe ol’ Russel knew a bit to much about what a woman sounds like while being murdered by her husband.o_O

Like the song... I am a believer... and a witness. Happened in the Sierras. No human nor bear can be that tall and hairy with running capabilities my father and I witnessed. They are out there.

Loch Ness Monster, Big foot. married men do not look at other women------well two out of three isn't bad LOL

One that I can't explain, maybe Bobyydean can is

The Taos Hum

I am generally neutral on the subject, but there is a lot of evidence out there, including stuff from hard-core outdoor people to prove that there is something there. Until I see one laid out on a slab, I stay neutral on the subject. SOMEBODY KILL ONE, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Not a believer, but looking for an explanation of some knocking sounds I heard in the Medicine Bow NF of Wyoming!

I joke about it being big foot, but not knowing what it was has left me curious. Last year, I spent a night camping in Medicine Bow NF and while getting ready for bed I would hear a knock on what sounded like a tree off in one direction and shortly after hear another knock a couple hundred yards away in the opposite direction. It didn't freak me out at all, just left me wondering. I figure it could have not been so loud but the sound carried due to it being cold and high elevation.

As for ol Sasquatch, I'll believe it when there is a body!

Not a believer, but looking for an explanation of some knocking sounds I heard in the Medicine Bow NF of Wyoming!

I joke about it being big foot, but not knowing what it was has left me curious. Last year, I spent a night camping in Medicine Bow NF and while getting ready for bed I would hear a knock on what sounded like a tree off in one direction and shortly after hear another knock a couple hundred yards away in the opposite direction. It didn't freak me out at all, just left me wondering. I figure it could have not been so loud but the sound carried due to it being cold and high elevation.

As for ol Sasquatch, I'll believe it when there is a body!
Woodpecker?

Europe,

I have heard of the Taos hum. It is real. What causes it, I have no clue.

Maybe Pojaque can give an explanation better than I. If his name is an indication of where he lives, I think he is within 40 miles.

I can say Taos is a weird, wonderful town with magnificent scenery and a very unique culture!

On the Bigfoot scream; I have always adhered to the mountain lion scream.

When I was marking forest service property lines our standard was to clear away all brush and small trees within two feet of the line. We would frequently encounter fir limbs that would start 15 to 20 feet up a tree and hang down onto our line. Instead of cutting the end off the branch we would grab it and pull down and walk backward until the branch would snap right at the trunk. The sound it makes is like someone smacking a tree with a baseball bat, only magnified a few times. I often wonder how many people swear they heard bigfoot knocking when all they really hear was me popping branches out of a fir tree.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back