Caribou Gear Tarp

Big Sky Inspired Fishing Trip

publichunter1

I have been wanting to go fishing for a while, especially after seeing all the nice fish Big Sky had been posting. Since I finished up turkey season Wednesday, I decided it was time.

I left the house at 3:30AM this morning and got to the water just as daybreak was happening. By 7:00AM I had my lake limit (including my new personal best a 25" cutbow) and a few thrown back in the slot.

Since I finished earlier than I was thinking. I went and hit a few trails in the NF and found a couple decent sheds.

Thanks to the good Lord above it was a great morning.

Thanks guys! It was definitely a fantastic morning. Now I'm back to research projects day dreaming about going again.

Well here is what it is going to be like to be me today. The forecast is for 90% chance of rain and snow with 25 mph winds. A smart person would stay inside near a fire place. Me, I will be standing on the edge of a lake trying to see if any fish are up for a game of tug of war. :) The way I look at it, a day off is a day off. I can't pick the weather but I can pick what I'm going to do. Gortex will be my friend today.

Sounds like a fun day. It was 25 when I caught those. Kept having to dip my whole set up in the water every 3-4 cast to keep the eyes and reel from freezing up.

I agree it's all about using every opportunity you get to go.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back