Caribou Gear

Big pike mount

mtlion

Taxi emailed over pics of my finished pike mount. She was 20 lbs 10 oz, can't remeber what the length was off the top of my head I want to say about 42 inches, but I have it written down somewhere. I am going to pick it up tomorrow, and it should be mounted on some driftwood by then. Now to find some empty wallspace to hang her up. :D

b465d60d.jpg

8dcc7916.jpg

"Wow, that gal has some girth." A common phrase where I grew up, and very applicable to that pike. Congrats.

This must be a replica? Also it looks more like a chain pickeral than a regular northern pike. Where did you catch it?

pike.jpg
Nice looking mount I have just never seen a pike of that color before. We do countless days of pike fishing on Lake Sakakawea so maybe they look different in Montana. Here is what they look like here.

View attachment 26108
Nice looking mount I have just never seen a pike of that color before. We do countless days of pike fishing on Lake Sakakawea so maybe they look different in Montana. Here is what they look like here.

The pike in the lake I fish, hell I've noticed it across the state, exhibit quite a bit of variation in color depth and pattern. It seems like the bigger ones approaching 20 lbs it's more noticeable on. My buddy caught a fish in the same lake of almost the exact dimensions a week before I caught this one that had totally different patterns on it and the color was quite a bit darker.

If anyone is interested Don's Taxidermy in Lewistown MT did my paddlefish mount. He made a mold from my fish and made an exact replica.

Well thats really cool. I would check with your Game and Fish dept to see what strain of pike they are stocking. Those are some cool colors to that trophy of yours!

Looks great, you'll probably catch a bigger one next week and want it mounted too.

Wow that fish looks bigger than that. Mine is 45 1/2" long a weighted 26lbs caught in March before ice out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back