MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Big Ones (OTC, Pic Heavy)

Who has the most mounts, Greenhorn or Buzz?

Both impressive; not sure if they mount all the big ones. Might have to have second job to afford it!

MT Public land, OTC tag, mouth call, 28yds.

bAqJTQgl.jpg

JCS271, Looks like flu-flu arrows there. You took down a wolf with bird points?

I wonder how many wolves have been arrowed with a long bow? Darn few I bet.

No, I always have two in the quiver for grouse. The four in the middle are broadheads.

o9LXYfBl.jpg

It took me five years and god knows how many miles/stands before I got that one. Out of all my wolves, that one was the hardest by far! That hunt got a lot of attention by tradbow hunters and nobody knew of one in modern time that had been specifically used to hunt wolves. A few guys have taken them with trad gear while treestand hunting for baited bears in Canada but not on the ground specifically targeting wolves. You know what they say, even a blind squirrel.........

Last edited:
A wolf with traditional archery in the modern age now that's a true once in a lifetime hunt! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I probably have enough fingers and toes to count the number of folks that have taken wolves with trad gear. Crazy cool!

I have a friend in AK pull off a wolf harvest with his longbow while specifically targeting them. Up until now I never heard of that feat being matched. Congrats JCS271, that is a pretty amazing accomplishment!

Cool thread. I'll play.

Big wide open public access bird country in South Dakota with my best birds dogs ever, Bonnie and Clyde. I miss them!

attachment.php

Sheep tag in pocket. Smiling while looking for a ram in the big, Bighorn Crags.

attachment.php

Last edited:
2017 CO buck that rubber legged it right off a cliff after the shot.

Found most of the broken side a couple days later.

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back