Big Ones (OTC, Pic Heavy)

twsnow18

Let’s see some trophies! Rules are simple, OTC or easy to draw (2 pts or less) only. Only 1 pic of the critter and a 1 sentence caption.

It’s fun to dream during app season, but OTC is where you can make hay. Plus, there are some absolute killers on these boards. Post em up!

Greenhorn

You should add that they be taken on public land as well. Some of the most premier of all hunting is on easy to draw, or guaranteed licenses but on excellent private ground. Big, on public, with easy to get licenses are the true diamonds in the rough..

Flatrock

Awesome buck Hunting Wife! That has to be the biggest whitetail I've ever seen shot off of public.

VAspeedgoat

Wow, hunting wife that's an absolute stud, though he's a 12 point, ha

AZ, that's a cool rack on a normal whitetail much less a coues.

This isn't really a big one to most but his sentimental trophy status is huge. My Dad got a buck almost identical to this one fifty years before on the same ridge. It's honestly one of my favorite hunting moments. It was in the George Washington national Forest. We hiked almost seven miles that day.

Attachments

Last edited:

jvanhoy

Wow, hunting wife that's an absolute stud, though he's a 12 point, ha

AZ, that's a cool rack on a normal whitetail much less a coues.

This isn't really a big one to most but his sentimental trophy status is huge. My Dad got a buck almost identical to this one fifty years before on the same ridge. It's honestly one of my favorite hunting moments. It was in the George Washington national Forest. We hiked almost seven miles that day.
Great buck. Those public land Va bucks are getting harder to come by every year.

FAIR CHASE

You should add that they be taken on public land as well. Some of the most premier of all hunting is on easy to draw, or guaranteed licenses but on excellent private ground. Big, on public, with easy to get licenses are the true diamonds in the rough..
You have a pile of em, re-post my man.

SnowyMountaineer

I've never pulled a LE elk or deer tag, and every one I've killed has been on public land. Trophy is a little subjective of course, unless we say book min, etc. I don't have an animal that nets book, but a couple that most would consider trophies for an OTC tag on public.

Greenhorn

2013 MT archery, national forest, 2nd choice elk permit.

42D24080-4548-4B4E-9B80-451EB69705C7.jpg

Last edited:

AZBridger

I'll add another one. All you guys posting these big bulls makes me want to share one of mine. This is not OTC, but was drawn 2nd choice with 0 bp's in AZ. Late rifle, public land, very undesirable unit

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg