Big News (well for me it is anyways...)

SD_Prairie_Goat

I got the unofficial results back and it looks like I am now a professional engineer!

It was one hell of a test that I didn't know if I would be able to pass, but apparently I did. This is something I have been striving to achieve since I got out of school and man does it feel good not to have to study for that test again!

I guess I will call it official when I get my license in the mail, but online I am listed as an active PE.

Anyways, I just wanted to share the good news with the rest of you.

Anyone else pass this go around?

Very cool and quite the accomplishment. Ive been in the mechanical engineering field for more than 30 years. Its a rewarding life.

Nothing easy about passing a professional exam. The E.I.T. is a gatekeeper for most.

CONGRATS!

Cool! Dad was a Civil & Structural Eng.,Grandpa too and Architech.

Ah dint got none of dem....

Congrats, I am sure it's a good feeling to have completed it. I will be taking the Mechanical PE exam this coming spring here in Nebraska.

I remember the day I took the PE test. After that mental meatgrinder, I couldn't remember where I parked my car! Congratulations! That is something you can be proud of, especially EE.

I am one of the lucky few that was able to bust my butt and get out of school debt free. Turns out shoveling your ass off every summer is a great way to pay for school haha

That's excellent! Quite an accomplishment. Congrats on passing the test and starting life free of school debt!

Congrats to you, that's a great accomplishment! I remember when I walked out of the Civil PE test about 15 years back, it was the most mentally exhausted I had ever been in my entire life. I promptly chugged a 20 oz. draft at the local 99 Restaurant like it was water, whewwwww.

Congrats, quite an accomplishment.... Jones's here I come....... ;)
Hahaha, ya that's going to add a new dynamic to my issue for sure!

Everyone else, thanks for the kind words. For those who have taken and passed, you probably know that I'm just up on cloud 9 right now knowing that is done with!

The CPA exam, back in the day, was a three-day test given twice per year, on the same dates across the country. It was in May, which allowed no time to study, having just finished tax season. Or, November, which coincided with my hunting. Employers directed us to take it in November. Suffice to say, my first two attempts were heavily distracted by the deer tags in my pocket. Third time was a charm, when I convinced them that May was better for some heavily distracted people like myself.

Sounds like a brutal test. Congrats. For you to pull that off with a test that is during hunting season, is even more remarkable.

The CPA exam, back in the day, was a three-day test given twice per year, on the same dates across the country. It was in May, which allowed no time to study, having just finished tax season. Or, November, which coincided with my hunting. Employers directed us to take it in November. Suffice to say, my first two attempts were heavily distracted by the deer tags in my pocket. Third time was a charm, when I convinced them that May was better for some heavily distracted people like myself.

Sounds like a brutal test. Congrats. For you to pull that off with a test that is during hunting season, is even more remarkable.

Let's just say it made getting ready for my first season Colorado elk tag more challenging than it normally would have been.... I failed at that, but passed the test, so I guess at the end of the day it was a little bit of a wash, but now I have an excuse to go hunting again, but a little more stress free this time!

Grats grinding through to success!
What's your desired career direction, private or public?

Grats grinding through to success!
What's your desired career direction, private or public?
Been doing water and waste water on the public side since school. Thinking of a change in pace to the manufacturing side of things. Don't really need my PE for that work, but it doesn't hurt.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back