Caribou Gear

Big Fin might ban me

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Wow! Nice!
That should sure help sway the Mrs. into giving the nod on another pup! - better get one before the girls leave and you stake your claim to the new man cave, tho.

4-5 years. 👍

Make my honey do list look wimpy, I landscaped and put in a new kennel for the pup this weekend 3 day project with lots of additions along the way. ( I LOVE the well do you think you can do this to............ sure honey, you bet.) I bet I sweated out at least a 30 rack or 2....... nice work on the windows.

Make my honey do list look wimpy, I landscaped and put in a new kennel for the pup this weekend 3 day project with lots of additions along the way. ( I LOVE the well do you think you can do this to............ sure honey, you bet.) I bet I sweated out at least a 30 rack or 2....... nice work on the windows.

Better replenish that 30 rack.Flip flops and socks? Off my boat! Walk home...Ha!Ha! :cool:

Looking good, can believe someone took the time to pour in electrical boxes and conduit. How are you going to deal with that and have a water vapor barrier?

Looking good, can believe someone took the time to pour in electrical boxes and conduit. How are you going to deal with that and have a water vapor barrier?

I’m not sure yet. I get different answers as to what I need for a barrier.

#attaboy@jls
#kitchenpassking
#thorosealsecondarymoisturebarrier

Last edited:
You need to keep water away from that. French drains help.
You obviously are good at digging. I give you a 9 on contractors scale....

This is what I did, but your going to have to use plastic rolls and move all your electrical. Probably just pull the wires and spray foam the conduit closed. That will keep the moisture from getting in the ceiling space and causing mold.

Prior to hunting season wired everything. It turned into a way bigger project because I had to redo the sub panel feed to add a ground, so I upgraded my supply while I was at it.

I was stressed as hell when it came time to kill the power and pull wires. Then, I came up about six feet short. WTF? The guy in electrical was super cool. Told him my story of stupidity and he allowed me to return the wires and I bought longer new ones. Lubed the shit outta things and pulled away.

Wired up the sub panel, flipped the main panel back on and voila.
73F2EA3D-FB1C-4350-B54C-5C2211CF892F.jpeg
72D27471-0E05-42E0-A2AD-AE579431A6FD.jpeg
Ground rods
51190B0D-19F7-4B0C-9744-EC2343782540.jpeg
New sub panel. The old one was a Zinsco and I couldn’t get arc fault breakers for it. Plus my electrician said to replace it regardless.
0D326BEC-A513-43D8-8B08-FD3D5F371281.jpeg
I was terrified to call the city inspector because I ended up doing work beyond what I had requested on my permit. When I finally called him, he spent about five minutes looking at everything and signed off. Cool guy, said everything looked great.

Last edited by a moderator:
My oldest daughter found a better offer for living during school next year, and my middle daughter plans on going away to college. Looks like this is going to become a workout room for now. The boss wants to rent it as an Air B&B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back