Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Big Fin might ban me

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
You need to keep water away from that. French drains help.
You obviously are good at digging. I give you a 9 on contractors scale....
I’m going to re do the side yard this summer and add some French drains then. I found a little damp spot in one corner this winter, due to a downspout. I trenched away from the house as an interim and it’s been dry as a bone since.

While I think Big Fin feigns a lack of handiness, with me it is the real deal. Only reason I’m tolerated at all is my ability to occasionally open stuck jars...

I’m impressed again, JLS. Great work.
My mate has been really good at giving me an opportunity to redeem myself with jar opening requests.

I'm following this with interest since my current garage is a Concrete tip up and we have a masonry block milk barn that could be converted into something....

Well done. Very nice. I'd stay there for a night if passing through. You got stables???

gawd, I had an olfactory flashback when I saw that. I can still smell the drywall mud from 4 years ago.
It’s a love hate relationship. I love that I can do it myself and fund a shitload of hunting trips. I hate doing it.

I was a little concerned with how good I’m getting at taping inside corners. Hopefully this is the last drywall job for a while.

Not sure how you finished the outside of those windows since there wasn't a direct picture but that wood wont last long with weather. And they will leak eventually. Good work on the rebuild, I thought i did well when i built pantry shelves and my reloading bench... damn.

Not sure how you finished the outside of those windows since there wasn't a direct picture but that wood wont last long with weather. And they will leak eventually. Good work on the rebuild, I thought i did well when i built pantry shelves and my reloading bench... damn.
I taped them outside of the wood before installing the windows. Caulked all the nailing fins and then caulked underneath all of the cedar trim.

I need to paint this upper section. They won’t leak before I’m dead.

EE7FE4B7-8887-4E30-B76B-134E39174B3B.jpeg

I probably would have done a peel n stick on that pressure treated but i overkill waterproofing since i work it commercially. residential is less prone to leaks. Are you covering that pressure treated?

I probably would have done a peel n stick on that pressure treated but i overkill waterproofing since i work it commercially. residential is less prone to leaks. Are you covering that pressure treated?
Yes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back