Caribou Gear Tarp

Biden vs Gun Owners

Maybe you should not project your abject partisanship on all gun owners and hunters.
You may find it hard to believe but there actually are citizens/ hunters/ gun owner who weigh a broad range of issues and vote with awareness that their choice will have consequences on issues that they will both agree with and disagree with.
Since the 1st A has been diluted to a weak ‘squeak’, through political correctness, and Culture Cancelling, there is not a more important amendment at this time than the 2nd to our Constitutional rights to firearms ownership, and you can spin that anyway you want. If you feel there are other issues of greater importance to you, that is your choice, I just do not feel there are !

I just got my guns back after Obama personally came to my house and took them all. Now they want to do it again? Fool me once with your BS sky is falling theys comin’ fer your guns, shame on you. Fool me twice? Not going to happen. Single issue 2A simpletons are the most easily manipulated voters.

My question is for those who support Biden’s plan is why do you think giving up freedom is a good idea? I seriously want to know why you think law abiding people are responsible for how unlawful people act? Vikings guy you even started that it wasn’t even questioned until the 60’s and 70’s, so where did we go wrong as a nation? It blows my mind that my grandpa at 10 could walk into the hardware store and buy a single shot .22 and no one bat an eye? Or how you could order firearms and have them shipped to your house and we didn’t have the problems we have today? So obviously pandering to the left and giving in isn’t helping the situation. Every time there is one of these “discussions“ it’s always about us making concessions. Just like concealed carry it should be a nation wide thing just like driving and if it was really about safety then people would want a standard that was followed for everyone. But it‘s not. Also look at the other thread with the 30 question, there are people who think you shouldn’t be able to buy ammo online?

So would you equally say that all people who voted the last one in have the blood of the Capitol siege on their hands? Inciting violence was part of almost every campaign rally leading up to the 2016 elections.

Interesting how perspectives change when the situation is flipped.
I was of the impression this topic concerned biden versus gun owners, and I limited my response to that. If you want to open a can of worms involving situations that have flipped, that is a whole different kettle of fish !

Since the 1st A has been diluted to a weak ‘squeak’, through political correctness, and Culture Cancelling, there is not a more important amendment at this time than the 2nd to our Constitutional rights to firearms ownership, and you can spin that anyway you want. If you feel there are other issues of greater importance to you, that is your choice, I just do not feel there are !
I thought the 2nd was there to protect the 1st? But according to you we already all but lost the 1st ? Wait what? What were you doing while that happened? Sitting on your AR waiting for it to hatch?

It's the same old song and dance from the gun nuts. And every day they sound more and more unreasonable and unrealistic, just like anti gun nuts. Neither of these two extremes offer any semblance of pragmatism to the reality of the issues we face.

Poor wording on my part, meant that allowing manufacturers to be liable for unlawful use of their products is BS.
If a person thinks gun manufacturers should be shut down then get the votes in Congress and ban them, and then fight it up to SCOTUS. But to bankrupt it through endless civil litigation is cowardly and shockingly economically inefficient. I hate using tort law in lieu of actual (and accountable) democratic legislative action.

Tort reform is a number one area to improve how government works, but $$$$$$$ and special interests who get to manipulate government far beyond their actual voting power will never allow it.

Is a car that can't be driven really a car, or is it a really big paper weight. Without DL you can't drive lawfully.

By your rational, would it be ok to allow any person to take title to a gun but the minute they pulled the trigger they become an instant felon? Very weird logic trail you are going down.
Is it illegal for a an unlicensed person to possess and operate an unregistered vehicle on private property in MN? I've assumed this only extended to motor vehicles in a public right of way. Is discharging a firearm from in or across a right of way illegal in MN?

If you've already addressed this in this thread, and I've missed it, my apologies.

Never said you did - my reply was to Shrapnel's post . . .

As for being ignored - part of the reason is that until the 1960's the Bill of Rights didn't apply to the states and most gun control was state law. So except for Miller and the NFA in the 30's there was very little federal gun regulation litigation for SCOTUS to review before 1970. And the concept of pushing legally for a personal federal 2A right really didn't start until the very late 60's and early 70's and initially was driven by radical civil rights groups (think black panthers). Heck the NRA was a propent of of some of the 1960's gun regulations including the birth of the FFL process. So, what some feel is an undeniable right that stood unquestioned for 300 years is just an artifact of poor memories and good marketing.
You are correct.

Is a car that can't be driven really a car, or is it a really big paper weight. Without DL you can't drive lawfully.

By your rational, would it be ok to allow any person to take title to a gun but the minute they pulled the trigger they become an instant felon? Very weird logic trail you are going down.
I think you're missing the point. The government often regulates possession or the ability to buy a firearm whereas you can go buy a car with little to no prohibitions. You may have a bunch of prior DUI'S but can still buy a car or alcohol. My point is that in some areas the restrictions or hoops a person has to go through to obtain a firearm has become unreasonably burdensome whereas a person who would be an obvious risk with alcohol or a vehicle isn't precluded. Gun control proponents aren't about safety or logic but rather about eliminating gun ownership. The sooner we realize this the better.

Last edited:
I thought the 2nd was there to protect the 1st? But according to you we already all but lost the 1st ? Wait what? What were you doing while that happened? Sitting on your AR waiting for it to hatch?

It's the same old song and dance from the gun nuts. And every day they sound more and more unreasonable and unrealistic, just like anti gun nuts. Neither of these two extremes offer any semblance of pragmatism to the reality of the issues we face.
You should not need to be reminded that you are on a hunting and firearms related forum, where you are very likely to be subjected to strong opinions concerning the continuance of both issues ! Just what do you expect to hear here, that we who share these opinions should temper our remarks in order not to ruffle the feathers of those who are not strong 2A advocates ? If my position offends you, I am sorry.........

Last edited:
Back