Biden vs Gun Owners

I would want willm as an expert witness....on anything. And I mean it.
to get this thread back on track, is Teddy Roosevelt the last president who hunted ? I was curious if any of our recent presidents have any first hand knowledge about firearms and hunting.

to get this thread back on track, is Teddy Roosevelt the last president who hunted ? I was curious if any of our recent presidents have any first hand knowledge about firearms and hunting.

Off the top of my head,,,Jimmy Carter hunted, GHWBush hunted quail most every year he was in the WH. VP Cheney made news as a hunter. There is no doubt a few more.

Trump is a true outdoorsman. You never heard much about it because he doesn’t like to brag but he does a bunch of solo drop camp and backpack wilderness hunts.

What an ignorant, mindless, and imbecilic idea/proposal. So now we are to be held liable for someone else breaking a law? Your car gets stolen, and was crashed and killed somebody and its your fault? Prescription medication stolen and a death results, and its your fault? A liquor store clerk responsible for drunk driving deaths?

Get real. It's always someone else's fault isn't it?

Edit to add bold.
Settle down. No reason to get all worked up into insults. It was a hypothetical related to conversation about mandating storage requirements. No way to enforce such rules even if they created them. I just came up with a plausible, if legally questionable, scenario.

Gun control and the debate will never cease. Too many people keep blaming the gun. A gun is an inanimate object with no capability of shooting someone or committing a crime.
Just curious on this thought. Do you agree that guns are objects designed specifically with the intent to kill though right? Is so, do they deserve a higher regulation level than lug wrenches?

I agree perception of guns has changed over time. Guns were necessary tools for most people 100 yrs ago, like a smart phone today. Today, not so much. Also I’m not sure if we have a higher % of wackos, but we certainly have a higher absolute number of wackos, and we hear about every wacko, for better and worse.

Yep, the teachers at my school work hard to make it low stress and focused on empowering students. However, these required drills are required in my district.

What are we going to do? Bright side of Covid? We’ve seen a real dip in school shootings...
Mrs45 says their students pissed off the SRO last time because they weren't taking it seriously. Too much laughing and giggling behind the classroom doors.
More fun than a spirit rally.

Just curious on this thought. Do you agree that guns are objects designed specifically with the intent to kill though right? Is so, do they deserve a higher regulation level than lug wrenches?

I agree perception of guns has changed over time. Guns were necessary tools for most people 100 yrs ago, like a smart phone today. Today, not so much. Also I’m not sure if we have a higher % of wackos, but we certainly have a higher absolute number of wackos, and we hear about every wacko, for better and worse.
Not an invalid point by any means, but this is such a slippery slope. It is a Second Amendment Right, second only to Freedom of Expression. Everybody seems to forget how important are forefathers thought this matter to be. The order of the Amendments was not random.

If character could be assessed by ATF form 4473, further gun control would be unnecessary. Intentions of the design are secondary to how the the tool is used.
I agree with the first sentence but probably not the second (if I understand correctly). We (and the Governement) have to exist in the world we have, not the world we would want. If we had a way to gauge character or intent, we could all still get on an airplane in 20min or less with a 12pack of our favorite beverage as a carryon (which I have done ;)). 9-11 changed that and we accept we have to go through a more though screening and are limited to what we can bring on. Regulations exist for a reason. I think it is unreasonable, and a losing proposition, to demand there be no regulation on firearms.

Serious question I see the NFA act of 1934 cited in this thread. Is Chicago a safer city in 2021 than it was in 1934?

Also Sandy Hook is mentioned a lot. Didnt that nut job commit like 3-4 felonies before he even started shooting in the school?

I don’t know the answer to the problem I just don’t see banning stuff or giving up things is going to solve the problem we have in this country of not treating people decent and having regard for life. That’s the great thing about teaching my son early about firearms and hunting. It’s a serious thing taking the life of an animal and he truly understands what happens when he let’s a round go down range that there are consequences for that bullet and he is responsible for it.

We have a spiritual (not the same as religious, though it may be) problem, not a gun problem or a drug problem. That's why our fixes fail. We move ever further from everything that was once good; family, decency, hard work, respect, and instead applaud baby mamas (how many TV shows?), rappers with violent and misogynistic lyrics, and millionaire athletes with drug problems. These are the idols the disaffected wish to engender.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
What's that you say, Mrs Robinson
Joltin' Joe has left and gone away. Paul Simon

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity. W.B. Yeats