Caribou Gear

Biden vs Gun Owners

Just dropping in to remind you that the people that you want to compromise with on guns, have sold military grade hardware to theocratic barbarians that cut young girl’s clitorises off, bash their skulls in with rocks, bomb markets full of women and children.

And that gun control started as racism and it still is.

If you oppose it, BGM is a great group to give to. It is black history month.

If I learn nothing else from this thread, I’ve learned that I want VikingsGuy as my attorney if I get in a tight spot. (As long as he doesn’t bill me for hunttalk hours).

This was my thought as well, but I also want Willm1313 to prepare his exhibits for his court presentations. ;)

Last edited:
Maybe you can explain how well that has worked.
I'm not at all trying to support or defend the efficacy of gun control measures. In your post you described how you used to take guns to school and that people's perceptions of guns have changed over time. Yes, you are correct. People's perceptions of guns have changed over time, in part due to events like Columbine and Sandy Hook. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not at all trying to support or defend the efficacy of gun control measures. In your post you described how you used to take guns to school and that people's perceptions of guns have changed over time. Yes, you are correct. People's perceptions of guns have changed over time, in part due to events like Columbine and Sandy Hook. That's all I'm saying.

All I’m saying is guns haven’t, yet the target remains the firearm which hasn’t changed.

I understand it is plan b - but that does not at all make it right. As you note, the constitution by design was supposed to move judiciously and to protect minority interests to some extent and to secure certain confirmed liberties. It is wholly inappropriate for the national trial lawyers association to in practice subvert all of that design by bastardizing tort law.

We agree, that the quickest path to NO guns is to continue to have our head in the sand. We need to start engaging with better ideas and less, "get the hell off my lawn" or we will not like the outcome.

It's pretty fundamental that everyone can get their day in court. I'd think there are more than a few lawyers that would use the slippery slope argument if certain cases could not be brought.

Not for storage requirements? Ok are you willing to be held liable if someone breaks into your home and steals that gun that is unsecured and uses the next night in crime?
What an ignorant, mindless, and imbecilic idea/proposal. So now we are to be held liable for someone else breaking a law? Your car gets stolen, and was crashed and killed somebody and its your fault? Prescription medication stolen and a death results, and its your fault? A liquor store clerk responsible for drunk driving deaths?

Get real. It's always someone else's fault isn't it?

Edit to add bold.

Last edited:
It's pretty fundamental that everyone can get their day in court. I'd think there are more than a few lawyers that would use the slippery slope argument if certain cases could not be brought.
Our courts are by definition, courts of limited jurisdiction. In addition, there are already 100s of kinds of claims that can’t be brought under tort law. There is no slope to worry about here. And there is no fundamental right to bring the wrong claim in the wrong venue - to argue otherwise is similar to saying there can be no limitation of free speech, practice of religion or weapons - just not the way our govt was designed or has ever worked.

Are you actually in charge here , or is this just more of your non stop Braying ?
Not that I have the right to speak for VG but I think his concern is unless we keep it civil the thread will be taken down.

Our courts are by definition, courts of limited jurisdiction. In addition, there are already 100s of kinds of claims that can’t be brought under tort law. There is no slope to worry about here. And there is no fundamental right to bring the wrong claim in the wrong venue - to argue otherwise is similar to saying there can be no limitation of free speech, practice of religion or weapons - just not the way our govt was designed or has ever worked.

I don't think I implied that claims should be brought up in the wrong venue. I am assuming the lawyers pursuing firearm cases in court know which venue to use. There are lots of clever attorneys of every flavor, from corporate to personal injury and everywhere in between.

I don't like particularly the cases brought up concerning grizzly bear and wolf management, but I recognize that some use the courts to further their goals in that realm.

I don't think I implied that claims should be brought up in the wrong venue. I am assuming the lawyers pursuing firearm cases in court know which venue to use. There are lots of clever attorneys of every flavor, from corporate to personal injury and everywhere in between.

I don't like particularly the cases brought up concerning grizzly bear and wolf management, but I recognize that some use the courts to further their goals in that realm.
I mean that not every issue is allowed to be litigated in a state or federal district court the way tort laws are. Meaning there is no "court" to have your court date. Some types of "legal" claims are just forclosed altogether.

Back