Biden vs Gun Owners

I think it's time for SCOTUS to do their job and enforce the Constitution.

Simple as that.
When you say, just enforce the constitution I assume you mean any regulation is an unlawful infringement on the 2A, but if Bernie Sanders says "just enforce the Constitution" he means it clearly only speaks to state militia/national guard. So that gets us no where, adds nothing and is not simple at all.

We are a nation of laws not men. We are each free to have wishes/dreams of how we would like the law to be, but we don't get to declare what it is - only SCOTUS gets to do that - and they have spoken (for now).

No, but I think that posting "nothing" is just baiting a pointless politial screed. Let's wait to see what it is then we can assess its probabilities and our objections. This post was just tribal pandering.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/us/politics/march-for-our-lives-msnbc-gun-control-forum.html

"Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. devoted much of his time to promoting the gun plan he released Wednesday morning; he had, until now, been one of the few candidates without one.

In addition to two policies supported by every Democrat in the race — universal background checks and an assault weapons ban — Mr. Biden called for a voluntary buyback program and a ban on online gun sales. That is an unusual proposal; for the most part, other candidates have called only for restrictions on online sales, not a wholesale prohibition."

On and on... valid concerns...

How about the nothing to see here castigation?
There is nothing to see here - a parallel would be a random post that "Non-res get fewer tags" - with no specific bill, regulation or change to discuss. A nebulous gripe with no purpose.

Biden repeatedly state his view on the topic on the campaign stump. I will take him at his word that he wants his version of "common sense gun control" (which I will likely object to) and that if blocked in congress he will consider EO where his AG tells him he can (to which I will probable disagree as I hate EO by either party). He is now POTUS. I assume this is on his list somewhere, but doesn't look to be on top. If he actually does anything we can then argue about whether such action is lawful or not. Until then this post is just tribal drums beating with no point and no new info. In fact it is probably driven by Trump-twitter withdrawl. Normal society doesn't have a daily political crisis, the law moves slowly, but many left and right seem addicted to the daily fight. I for one urge a return to thoughtful normalcy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/us/politics/march-for-our-lives-msnbc-gun-control-forum.html

"Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. devoted much of his time to promoting the gun plan he released Wednesday morning; he had, until now, been one of the few candidates without one.

In addition to two policies supported by every Democrat in the race — universal background checks and an assault weapons ban — Mr. Biden called for a voluntary buyback program and a ban on online gun sales. That is an unusual proposal; for the most part, other candidates have called only for restrictions on online sales, not a wholesale prohibition."

On and on... valid concerns...
Yup valid concerns that were news in October. If OP wants to start a thoughtful thread about his specific thoughts and concerns regarding that article great - but a "naked" post of this meaningless soundbite is the internet equivalent of farting in an evelvator while stepping out.

As a reminder I know what he has repeatedly said, I was referring to the nothing to see here castigation that these threads invoke.
There is nothing to see here - a parallel would be a random post that "Non-res get fewer tags" - with no specific bill, regulation or change to discuss. A nebulous gripe with no purpose.

Biden repeatedly state his view on the topic on the campaign stump. I will take him at his word that he wants his version of "common sense gun control" (which I will likely object to) and that if blocked in congress he will consider EO where his AG tells him he can (to which I will probable disagree as I hate EO by either party). He is now POTUS. I assume this is on his list somewhere, but doesn't look to be on top. If he actually does anything we can then argue about whether such action is lawful or not. Until then this post is just tribal drums beating with no point and no new info. In fact it is probably driven by Trump-twitter withdrawl. Normal society doesn't have a daily political crisis, the law moves slowly, but many left and right seem addicted to the daily fight. I for one urge a return to thoughtful normalcy.

No, but I think that posting "nothing" is just baiting a pointless politial screed. Let's wait to see what it is then we can assess its probabilities and our objections. This post was just tribal pandering.
I agree....look at the Obama administration...first 2 years, majority in the house, senate, supreme court yet no anti-gun legislation, no anti-gun executive orders. Obama did sign the law allowing guns in National Parks.

I agree....look at the Obama administration...first 2 years, majority in the house, senate, supreme court yet no anti-gun legislation, no anti-gun executive orders. Obama did sign the law allowing guns in National Parks.
Yup the left may not get this just like the right didn't get obamacare elimination in 2017.

News flash! Joe Biden would favor gun control legislation!

If this catches anyone off guard or is an epiphany to them, they've probably been living under a rock for the last couple of decades.

Sounds like it isn't really on the list of hot topics for Biden at the moment. If he was going to do something via executive action I feel like he would've done something by now. Although I fully support the second amendment, I tend to worry less about gun control and more about clean air, water and access to productive public lands.

Whatever happens either way it wont be biden who's actually responsible. Though he'll get the credit good or bad.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back