Biden vs Gun Owners

Can someone explain what universal background checks are? I’ve bought at least 1 gun per year for the last 10 and have gone through a background check for each one, is this not the same everywhere in the US?

No, but I think that posting "nothing" is just baiting a pointless politial screed. Let's wait to see what it is then we can assess its probabilities and our objections. This post was just tribal pandering.
Thank you

Can someone explain what universal background checks are? I’ve bought at least 1 gun per year for the last 10 and have gone through a background check for each one, is this not the same everywhere in the US?
And the 45 seconds it takes is really not a problem.

I have done five or six this year and none have been more than 5 minutes.
Have you done them or do you have to for private sales in Minnesota?

I've never done one with a private sale (MT).

To the best of my knowledge they want to include private sales in requiring background checks. I wanna sell you a gun, we go to an FFL and pay $10 or whatever to the FFL to run the check then I can sell you the gun. I’m not really opposed to that particular idea in theory even though it would inconvenience me a bit as most of the firearms I own were acquired through private transactions. At the same time it seems like it would be incredibly difficult to enforce without a gun registry of sorts which I’m not on board with at all.

No it’s not, but this year I’m on my third and the average so far is two days. So 45 second’s may be gone by the wayside. Hope not.
Strange how it’s so different. I’ve bought two in the last calendar year, both were near instant. The time I spent filling out my name and such was the lengthiest part in both cases.

I have done five or six this year and none have been more than 5 minutes.
Don’t know why I’ve been so lucky, the ffl I use says they’ve been like molasses, and blame it on the increased purchases of all things shooting related. 🤷‍♂️

To the best of my knowledge they want to include private sales in requiring background checks. I wanna sell you a gun, we go to an FFL and pay $10 or whatever to the FFL to run the check then I can sell you the gun. I’m not really opposed to that particular idea in theory even though it would inconvenience me a bit as most of the firearms I own were acquired through private transactions. At the same time it seems like it would be incredibly difficult to enforce without a gun registry of sorts which I’m not on board with at all.
Any idea what the software requirement is for FFL? Could someone just make a FFL for private transactions?

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back