Biden BLM appointee

Breitbart—your drunk uncle’s choice for fair and balanced reporting.
I guess the questions remain was she part of earth first and did she partake in treespiking? And did she strike a deal for immunity. I think these would be pretty easy questions to find answers to. Did u read the article or just see the author? The author is definitely a biased source, but that seemed fairly straightforward to me.

I guess the questions remain was she part of earth first and did she partake in treespiking? And did she strike a deal for immunity. I think these would be pretty easy questions to find answers to. Did u read the article or just see the author? The author is definitely a biased source, but that seemed fairly straightforward to me.
No, I didn’t read it. Just like I wouldn’t read anything from CNN about something Trump did. What’s the point? These hyper partisan media sources do nothing but stir up shit to get regular folks like you and me riled up and focused on the wrong thing—the culture wars—while ignoring the fact that the corporate lever pullers and political class have been hoodwinking us for decades. I’m over it.

If the new director is dirty, then can her. I believe @Ben Lamb has already written at length about her and the alleged scandal and could certainly speak to the issue better than me.

Yea I’ve seen it reported elsewhere as well. Pretty sure its easily verifiable. seems pretty straightforward to me as well. People who testify for immunity are guilty of something.

Yea I’ve seen it reported elsewhere as well. Pretty sure its easily verifiable. seems pretty straightforward to me as well. People who testify for immunity are guilty of something.
Yeah, they usually are. She testified against the folks who were spiking trees.

Seems to have an awfully good body of work the last couple of decades. I look at some of the stupid shit I did in my late teens and early 20’s and it puts this in context for me.

I’m much more concerned about candor in regards to what happened and what did she learn from it. Unfortunately, I doubt there are many in the senate who could step away from their partisanship and look at this in any sort of objective fashion.

No, I didn’t read it. Just like I wouldn’t read anything from CNN about something Trump did. What’s the point? These hyper partisan media sources do nothing but stir up shit to get regular folks like you and me riled up and focused on the wrong thing—the culture wars—while ignoring the fact that the corporate lever pullers and political class have been hoodwinking us for decades. I’m over it.

If the new director is dirty, then can her. I believe @Ben Lamb has already written at length about her and the alleged scandal and could certainly speak to the issue better than me.
I agree with this 100%. But I did decide to read it because i have not paid attention to anything so I was curious and it seemed straightforward. Idk anything about the guy who wrote the letters to the two senstors tho. As for what ben has said about her idk.

After I posted this, I saw where 3855win also posted a thread on this subject too.
I just knew this "Public Land Issues" line was here and thought folks might like to know.

Honestly, I have not had many experiences with BLM (OR Black Lies Matter), but none of them have been good.

As for Stone-Manning, I have to question anybody with a hyphenated last name. What's so hard about selecting a last name? 🤔 (all in humor)

I DO have to question the integrity of an individual who will sell their friends(?) "down the river" to protect themselves.

I do know that part of having and maintaining a healthy forest, whether it's out west, in the south or back east, is thinning, harvesting and replanting. Spiking trees is NOT a good idea nor is it a healthy activity for the trees themselves. ....but I guess they didn't think about that!
This isn't about a college kid who got caught doing something illegal. A DUI, public intoxication, petty theft, etc.
Spiking trees and threatening letters is a "mind set".

It's too bad that humans beings don't have a "neutrality" switch we can just turn on when elected/nominated to a political office.

....and to those who cry about posting biased links. Think a chicken would post a pro-Col Sanders link? But I did notice that the opposition to the right leaning link went immediately to "snarkism". 🤔

Last edited:
I agree with this 100%. But I did decide to read it because i have not paid attention to anything so I was curious and it seemed straightforward. Idk anything about the guy who wrote the letters to the two senstors tho. As for what ben has said about her idk.

I'm here for you, boo.

I think Tracy's done a good job of answering those critics. But these are the exact same folks who were telling us just last year that the person who advocated against public lands his entire career shouldn't be judged on his past actions, because that's not the job.

I grow wearier of politicians each day.

As far as Tracy goes, yeah, Since 2007 I've worked with her on various issues in MT. She's ridiculously fair & often times would be the voice of reason in the room to folks who wanted to over-politicize conservation by reminding folks that they were there for the resource, not a politician. She did that while working for politicians. She took massive heat from the enviros in her role at Senator Tester's office relative to the wolf delisting rider (she was instrumental in getting that done), for following the law on the proposed Smith River Mine and as the Gov's chief of staff, for taking a bipartisan approach.

We all did/do stupid chit when we're young. If I had to go through vetting, I'd never be appointed to anything because of my twitter feed, past and my inability to let bastards have the last word. The part of being a good person is growing from those mistakes. I think Tracy's done that.

When I was in college, I was a master at doing stupid stuff that was illegal. 30 years later, I've written more laws than I've broken.

Just did a quick Google scan. Was trying to see what here objectives would be at the BLM. Couldn't find anything. Seems like those should be the most pertinent questions. Will we all still be able to enjoy our public lands responsibly? Or is she more interested in the closing of our access? That has been an overwhelming issue here in sw Colorado. They seem to be using the "wilderness study area" tag to close off large chunks of land. If she would run the BLM like that I'd rather they find another candidate.

I'm here for you, boo.

I think Tracy's done a good job of answering those critics. But these are the exact same folks who were telling us just last year that the person who advocated against public lands his entire career shouldn't be judged on his past actions, because that's not the job.

I grow wearier of politicians each day.

As far as Tracy goes, yeah, Since 2007 I've worked with her on various issues in MT. She's ridiculously fair & often times would be the voice of reason in the room to folks who wanted to over-politicize conservation by reminding folks that they were there for the resource, not a politician. She did that while working for politicians. She took massive heat from the enviros in her role at Senator Tester's office relative to the wolf delisting rider (she was instrumental in getting that done), for following the law on the proposed Smith River Mine and as the Gov's chief of staff, for taking a bipartisan approach.

We all did/do stupid chit when we're young. If I had to go through vetting, I'd never be appointed to anything because of my twitter feed, past and my inability to let bastards have the last word. The part of being a good person is growing from those mistakes. I think Tracy's done that.

When I was in college, I was a master at doing stupid stuff that was illegal. 30 years later, I've written more laws than I've broken.
Politics Ben...
1626443461985.png

I’m much more interested in a person’s behavior and body of work in the past ten years than I am about an incident they participated in as an impressionable and idealistic young person.

Sensational headlines are great for promulgating controversy, not so great for conveying reality.

Politics Ben...
This is why the pendulum swings get worse each year, and less gets done to benefit the nation. We have false prophets as electeds who fleece their flocks, rather than statesmen and women who advance our nation. I'm just tired of it all.

Just did a quick Google scan. Was trying to see what here objectives would be at the BLM. Couldn't find anything. Seems like those should be the most pertinent questions. Will we all still be able to enjoy our public lands responsibly? Or is she more interested in the closing of our access? That has been an overwhelming issue here in sw Colorado. They seem to be using the "wilderness study area" tag to close off large chunks of land. If she would run the BLM like that I'd rather they find another candidate.

The Biden administration has announced their major conservation strategy, which is called 30X30 - meaning that 30% of the nation is conserved under a wide swath of programs and public/private partnerships by 2030. That's a lofty goal, and one that keeps hunters out and on the ground.

Personally, I've worked with her on 3 wilderness bills that were fairly visionary. 1 of them had WSA release in it as part of a negotiated agreement with Senate Republicans. Those areas were not truly wilderness potential, and the threat to them from development was low, while it allowed for easier management of the grazing there. The Blackfoot-Clearwater Stewardship Act was introduced by Senator Tester after Tracy left the office, but she had worked on that for a long time before. That bill does add more wilderness, but it also specifically authorizes motorized use in appropriate areas, while also providing a lot of timber for local mills in a sustainable fashion. Third was the Rocky Mountain Front Heritage Act, which took about 300,000 acres and made a new designation, a Conservation Management Area, which enshrined current motorized use along with big W Wilderness and better noxious weed management.

At the state level, she brought forward budgets that invested significantly in access programs, led the Governor's office in the work to secure permanent funding for LWCF and at the National Wildlife Federation, she got permanent reauthorization & full funding for the Land & Water Conservation Fund, helped keep Sage Grouse off the endangered species list and worked towards better management of public lands, while always advocating for people to be able to use those lands for recreation, agriculture and the responsible development of those lands - where it made sense.

Just looking to be educated here, but what are the downsides of wilderness study areas? Yes it does not allow you to ride your ATV all over, but you can still lace up the boots or saddle the ponies. I see those designated areas as good for the critters and as an easy way to limit people’s footprint without taking away the opportunity to enjoy those areas if they really wanted to. What am I missing?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back