Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Beyond a dream, what's your ultimate hunt?

it's not that completely out of reach. but i dream of a fly in brooks range combo moose and caribou hunt.

i've also come to realize i now have a dream of owning like a 1000 acres of set aside and well wooded, quiet, acres in southern wisconsin with some water running through it and one quaint cabin type house with a wood burning stove and a hot tub. that's just one of those "if you win the powerball" type dreams

it's not that completely out of reach. but i dream of a fly in brooks range combo moose and caribou hunt.

i've also come to realize i now have a dream of owning like a 1000 acres of set aside and well wooded, quiet, acres in southern wisconsin with some water running through it and one quaint cabin type house with a wood burning stove and a hot tub. that's just one of those "if you win the powerball" type dreams
I don't have exactly what you describe but close. I didn't realize I won the powerball!

80 acres, not 1000. Wooded but not well wooded. Quiet for sure. Not exactly Southern, but not northern either. Not western and only perhaps eastern. Lots of water running through it, got two natural springs, a large old man made ditch and a small pond. Home isn't exactly a cabin but does check the box on wood burning stove and soon to be hot tub.

I don't have exactly what you describe but close. I didn't realize I won the powerball!

80 acres, not 1000. Wooded but not well wooded. Quiet for sure. Not exactly Southern, but not northern either. Not western and only perhaps eastern. Lots of water running through it, got two natural springs, a large old man made ditch and a small pond. Home isn't exactly a cabin but does check the box on wood burning stove and soon to be hot tub.

and that's exactly the thing! i could realistically get 90% of the way there without winning the powerball.

though holy shit, i've looked, the concept of "gettin yourself a back 40" in southern wisconsin is pretty freaking expensive and not actually, in the strictest of terms, super easy or realistic.

and that's exactly the thing! i could realistically get 90% of the way there without winning the powerball.

though holy shit, i've looked, the concept of "gettin yourself a back 40" in southern wisconsin is pretty freaking expensive and not actually, in the strictest of terms, super easy or realistic.
You don't want to know what my 80 cost...it will kill your dreams of 1000 even after winning the powerball lol

Mine only involves myself vicariously as I'd like for our son to do a New Mexico archery bull hunt & tag along.

You don't want to know what my 80 cost...it will kill your dreams of 1000 even after winning the powerball lol
I can't speak for WI, but where I'm at in MN, we have the last large piece of land in the area. 800 acres, the next biggest is like 400. A guy can't even dream of finding 1k acres around here, unless you do win the lottery and have FU money and just buy multiple people out for a sum of cash they can't say no to.

With a budget like that, probably something that involves quality opportunities not just for myself but friends/family.

I think I already had mine. Bull moose in Idaho. My dad flew out from back home in upstate NY and I had many friends and new friends there with me. I shot a great bull. I still won't forgive @Gerald Martin for lying to me about the climb up the mountain, but I'm glad I did it. I pushed myself farther than I thought I could, had my dad there, had amazing friends there, and had great food and adult beverages around the fire each night. I don't think I could ever top that.

i'm going on my hunt in august. northern brooks caribou w/ my dad, and a couple buddies.
My new list is
1a) AZ mule deer super tag, hunt the strip all season no guides.
1b) that idaho super tag combo - that looked fun
2) MT Bighorn
3) Dall sheep (fingers crossed it works out for 2025)
4) AZ elk super tag
5) MT grizzly

Reactions: DFS
For me it's a hells canyon elk. Mid Sept. When I was a boy, the very first introduction to elk that I know of was an article in outdoor life about a guy that went on a hells canyon elk hunt. The author described pain and misery but the sound of bugling bulls to keep spirits alive. I don't know what's wrong with me but pain and misery with the reward of bugles has always been in my dreams and one of these days hopefully I'll draw that tag. But if I didn't have to draw it and was given this hall pass, that's where I would be.
Getting that tag really wouldn’t be that hard. The rest of it could truly suck

I think I already had mine. Bull moose in Idaho. My dad flew out from back home in upstate NY and I had many friends and new friends there with me. I shot a great bull. I still won't forgive @Gerald Martin for lying to me about the climb up the mountain, but I'm glad I did it. I pushed myself farther than I thought I could, had my dad there, had amazing friends there, and had great food and adult beverages around the fire each night. I don't think I could ever top that.

Hopefully remembering my “soft hands” assisting with the tush push to get you up that “little hill” will help you forgive.

Besides, sandbagging isn’t technically lying.😄

20-30 days in the Yukon with all the tags and trimmings.

A September horseback Maral hunt in some stinkystan or Mongolia

San Carlos Elk Hunt

Last edited:
Your moose hunt is one of my top bucket hunts by just attending.

As I get older, my bucket list type hunts usually include spending time with my sons or friends on a hunt.

Getting that tag really wouldn’t be that hard. The rest of it could truly suck
just looked for the heck of it to be depressed again. 4/89 residents drew that tag last year. Been at it for a couple years now after drawing my ID moose tag and I'm guessing I have at least 25 years to go to get it. Sad when the moose tag was easier to draw right?

For me it's a hells canyon elk. Mid Sept. When I was a boy, the very first introduction to elk that I know of was an article in outdoor life about a guy that went on a hells canyon elk hunt. The author described pain and misery but the sound of bugling bulls to keep spirits alive. I don't know what's wrong with me but pain and misery with the reward of bugles has always been in my dreams and one of these days hopefully I'll draw that tag. But if I didn't have to draw it and was given this hall pass, that's where I would be.

Are you talking about Idaho unit 11?

No archery hunt there, so probably not

Have you considered the Oregon side? Might be more elk as well

He stated: "you were just given a tag voucher that is good for any animal, any location, any month in North America."

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back