best varmint caliber.

deerhunter24

hi guys. i really like spotlighting and need a new gun that will mainly be used for foxs and rabbits but will also need to take out the odd deer. i am looking at lots of calibers and would really like you opinions.

I agree with the 22-250. Get a fast twist (i have a tikka with 1:8) and you’ll have a wide range of bullet weight options. For deer, would have to check your state regs.

I agree with the 22-250. Get a fast twist (i have a tikka with 1:8) and you’ll have a wide range of bullet weight options. For deer, would have to check your state regs.

I don’t think they are allowed to own guns in Cameroon.

what does everyone think of the .243 for this topic? Beginner here. Mostly interested in predator hunting; fox, coyote, bobcat

what does everyone think of the .243 for this topic? Beginner here. Mostly interested in predator hunting; fox, coyote, bobcat
What are you looking for in hunting Predators?? Fur? Fun? 243 will kill all of them. Get the right bullet for your operation. A smaller caliber won't damage the fur as bad. Just saying.

After 50+ years of hunting and shooting I have learned what the best caliber is for everything. it's whatever you think it is. If you still don't know you need to shoot more.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back