Best trophy Room I have ever seen

WOW!!! What an unbelievable room, and even more...what an unbelievable lifetime of hunting this person(s) has been able to experience! Good for him (them).

I'm surprised at the number of negative and sarcastic comments in this thread. I guess jealousy runs deep in all groups.

He's obviously a very successful businessman. Whoever made enough money to go on this many hunts, pay the taxidermy bill, and have a home this big to house them obviously worked his a$$ off his entire life to do so. You don't make this kind of money in one day, it's usually a lifetime journey to do so. And the fact that he's going to donate it all says a lot about his character. I'm impressed on many different levels!

OP-thanks for posting.

I am just going to admit it. I couldn't give my collection to a museum while I was still living. They are going to be the only thing on my wall when they wheel me into hospice. After that, garage sale is just fine.

I am not trying to offend anyone, it's your money so do what you want with it, but displays like that don't impress me in the least.

I respect everyday guys getting it done the hard way, on public land with OTC and draw tags, with NO guides. Writing someone a fat check and pulling the trigger only makes you a "killer", not a "hunter". I believe some of the best "hunters" in the world are on this site.

I can promise anyone that if I win the lottery I will be a hunting fool, but no guides, high fences, or huge private ranches will be a part of my adventures.

Reactions: Hem
I am not trying to offend anyone, it's your money so do what you want with it, but displays like that don't impress me in the least.

I respect everyday guys getting it done the hard way, on public land with OTC and draw tags, with NO guides. Writing someone a fat check and pulling the trigger only makes you a "killer", not a "hunter". I believe some of the best "hunters" in the world are on this site.

I can promise anyone that if I win the lottery I will be a hunting fool, but no guides, high fences, or huge private ranches will be a part of my adventures.
I’ll give you a taste of the “easy way”. At the airport, the airline refuses to fly your rifle due to the countries you are flying through and going to. After a day and a half of flying and then an 18 hour Jeep ride, you’re in camp. From there, you need to get up around 16,000’ to hunt the curly horned ram. Altitude sickness is about to kill you, but you finally get a shot off with that old Russian rifle they loaned you.
I haven’t been on that hunt, but I’ve heard about it.
The trophy room is awesome and so is the barn with 40 sets of elk antlers.

Not to mention, some of those mountain species you are butting up against Afghanistan and Pakistan. You couldn't pay me the 50k to go kill a Marco Polo sheep, but I like watching it on TV.

I’ll give you a taste of the “easy way”. At the airport, the airline refuses to fly your rifle due to the countries you are flying through and going to. After a day and a half of flying and then an 18 hour Jeep ride, you’re in camp. From there, you need to get up around 16,000’ to hunt the curly horned ram. Altitude sickness is about to kill you, but you finally get a shot off with that old Russian rifle they loaned you.
I haven’t been on that hunt, but I’ve heard about it.
The trophy room is awesome and so is the barn with 40 sets of elk antlers.

So hang out, drink beer, and watch movies for a day and a half. Then go on a little road trip, and get to shoot some BrentD style antiques. Grab yourself some acetazolamide and your amex black and strap in for a fun time.

Lol the death zone is a good 10k feet higher than that... chit there is a Bozeman sized city in peru at 16k feet.

That is impressive. I've seen some of the old videos of Afghanistan hunts. They would have a very large tourism industry if they Taliban would just stop trying to shoot everyone. I'd imagine snowsports and mountaineering would have huge profits from the little bit I've seen over there.

I'm more impressed by walking into a house filled with hard earned diy public land heads. I've met a few of these collectors and most wouldn't cross the street without a guide or cutting a cheque.

I guess that's the subjective nature of the definition of a trophy though.

I don't know the story here but when comparing this room to a DIY public land room, one could most likely argue that significant time, sweat and commitment went into accumulating the assets used to pursue the animals on 'those' walls. Every wall hanger has a story and not all of them start in the field.

As a trophy room, very impressive. I would enjoy looking over each animal and hearing some of the stories that go with them. Of course a large trophy room does not measure the hunters skill, as if a hunters skill level really means anything. How much did you enjoy your hunt and did you bond with other hunters, yourself, nature? We all bring different skills to the table and our abilities vary with age, experience etc. I am far more interested in hearing stories about animals that I actually hunt, I can relate more. My favourite trophies are those that people hold dear themselves. A first buck for a 12yr old or 45 yr old. An old ghost buck that slipped by hunters year after year only to finally get taken. If the animal and hunt meant a real lot to you, odds are that is a trophy with a story.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back