PEAX Equipment

Best option

corndog1

21 Duramax 2500 Chevy 40k miles everything with oil still under warranty to 100k

22 2500 Chevy gas new. Three year or 60k
Mile warranty.

Gas is 7k less in price.

Unless I'm pulling something more than once ateoce a month I'd go gas. Had two duramaxes, great trucks no real problems but it just isn't Worth the extra cost upfront, fuel or maintenance.

I switched from diesel to gas about a month ago. It's been nice not paying $5 a gallon, and the maintenance costs on a diesel are no joke.

I wound up with an F250 with the 7.3 gas. So far I really like it.

I vote gas as well. I have 1 ton ford 7.3 diesel, powerful in its day, noisy, smelly and expensive when maintenance time comes around. I pull heavy (12-15k) and the diesel was necessary. If not for weight issues or consistently pulling heavy over long distance go gas.

I'd go gasser, those big GM V-8's are pretty money. MPG won't quite be as good but diesel is way more expensive and maintenance will likely be less expensive.

I switched from diesel to gas about a month ago. It's been nice not paying $5 a gallon, and the maintenance costs on a diesel are no joke.

I wound up with an F250 with the 7.3 gas. So far I really like it.
My wife and I each have one of those. Very happy with them.

I had a 2005 f350 diesel for a couple of years. I realized I never once truly "needed" it, and it had a payment. Sold it, bought a 2005 f150 gas truck with the cash and never looked back. I love the much cheaper fuel, simpler engine which in theory is more reliable and cheaper to fix than the diesel, it's quiet, starts at any temperature, doesn't need warmed up, and I don't have to mix antigel into my fuel, no turbo vanes to sieze up if I don't drive it often enough.

If I was going to buy a new truck I would get the new 7.3l gas engine ford super duty.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back