Best Netflix/Amazon/Hulu to Binge Watch During Social Distancing.

Watched the first two episodes of Ragnarok on Netflix last night. It's a Norwegian series with subtitles, but we enjoyed it and are looking forward to more
Sticking to Norse themes (and a lot of folks have mentioned 'Vikings')

Norsemen

Both seasons are on Netflix (Season 3 should be out soon - I think the Norwegian episodes are up in places already as they film each episode in Norwegian and then film the whole thing again in English). It's basically a satire of Vikings that is kind of like Vikings meets The Office. Hilarious.

Saw a couple of people suggested Justified. Which outfit is that series on?

It is SUPER good. You can stream with HULU subscription or rent/buy via Amazon, Google play, or ApplyTV
Yeah I watched most of the series when it originally came out, just wanted a redo. I have Netflix and Roku It's not on Netflix, need to check Roku, or get Hulu

Thanks

Yeah I watched most of the series when it originally came out, just wanted a redo. I have Netflix and Roku It's not on Netflix, need to check Roku, or get Hulu

Thanks
Roku should have AmazonVideo, HULU and GooglePlay apps as options, as Roku is a device, not a service.

Be worth a second time around for Lonesome Dove...or just about any McMurtry screenplay.
Catch Deadwood from the gitgo also.
James Dean's work.
Ozark
Sneaky Pete...stressful but something about Giovanni Ribisi is strangely fun to watch
Binge Beth Dutton
Vikings
GOT, if you haven't
Schitt's Creek
Fargo...any version
Anything the Coen Bros do...

Lots of good ones already mentioned. We love the animated stuff in our house. The only one I didn't see listed I like is F is for Family. Written by Bill Burr, probably my favorite comedian, it is funny as hell.

Justified was the 1st streaming series I watched, it raised the bar for TV content IMO.

Recent bar raisers: Breaking Bad/ Better Call Saul/El Camino. Acting, writing, direction, action, suspense, characters... Don't mess around under an ATM machine, and it sucks to be a tortoise.

Making a Murderer, still frustrated by what this documentary portrayed.

Hunters, liked the music.

Mindhunters, meh+. Notable for vivid, fact-based actor portrayals of serial killers in prison: Manson, Berkowitz, etc.

Jack Ryan, downhill after season 1.

Longmire, hot & cold. The dents on the Bronco keep moving around. Lou Diamond Phillips stands out.

Goliath, seasons 1 & 2. Billy Bob Thornton as derelict attorney against corruption.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, high end chick flick, funny around the soap opera stuff. Seasons 1 & 2, Tony Shaloub kills.

Bosch, tough homicide detective in modern L A. Season 1, maybe season 2. @ least watch the title sequence/music.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back