Best broadhead for elk?

338 win mag

Assuming I draw an elk tag this year we will hunting with archery gear. Not trying to open a can of worms or start a debate on brands necessarily. Just looking for general direction on good broadheads. Want to stay away from mechanical. Have always used 100gr wasp and muzzy 3 and 4 blade with good luck on whitetail, but I'm open to go a different route for elk. Something a little tougher may be necessary?

I got a whole new archery set up this past year and went with slick trick vipers. Practiced with them out to 80 yards and they flew great for me. Double lunged my first elk this last fall, complete pass through an preformed well for me. I’m pleased with them.

I have been very happy with the NAP Thunderhead Nitro. Smaller cut but they fly like a dart out to 70 yards. I will be using them again this year in Colorado.

A sharp one with new blades that haven’t been shot, that is accurate at the ranges you will shoot from.
Making sure that your bow is tuned properly so the arrows fly straight is way more important than obsessing over the “best” head.
If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.

No reason at all to stray away from the muzzys you're already using. I've used muzzys 100 gr 3 blade for everything, only time I've had an issue was with my shooting. The fact that I can replace the blades and tip with new, sharp equipment has always been the reason to stick with them.

Out of my bow Mathews Halon 32, 72# with victory VAP SS arrows the QAD Exodus full head flew the best. Was able to harvest my elk this year at 48yds went in behind front shoulder exited right in front of rear leg (quartering too more than i thought) stuck 10yds behind the bull in the ground. Took the same head blades still shaved hair on my arm and shot a doe here in WI double lung pass through 20yds and stuck in a stump 15yds behind her.

They are super scary sharp heads and seem super durable.

your current broadheads will be good enough especially since you are already used to using them. Personally I'm going with the magnus buzzcut two blade this year since I have the option to sharpen the blades pretty easily or just replace them if it's too damaged.

Born and Raised outdoors did a fantastic set of tests in 2019 and they even published their data so you can sort and decide what is best based on your preferences.

I rate accuracy/consistency high for me because a well placed shot is more important to me. I use replaceable blades. Super sharp and replace them for a fraction the cost.

G5 Montec. They fly like darts out of my Bow. Always liked the 100 gr Thunderhead too! The Montec shoots better out of my current rig.

Back