Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best bear cartridge

Nothing more funny than a guy living in Alaska that can shoot 8 bears in one day, asking for help on which gun to carry...:)

....Also if you're worried we can only shoot 8 bears combined 2 bb and 6 blacks. How many game bags do we pack?
I never did get into quanty shooting of big game animals...

Even on the Brown bear hunt that I booked in AK this fall as a nonresident I could shoot 2, but I told my guide that 1 would be enough.

And for my rifle, I dusted off my .375 RUM and I've worked up a 3040 fps, moa load for it with 281 grain Hammer Hunter bullets.

Last edited:
I never did get into quanty shooting of big game animals...

Even on the Brown bear hunt that I booked in AK this fall as a nonresident I could shoot 2, but I told my guide that 1 would be enough.

And for my rifle, I dusted off my .375 RUM and I've worked up a 3040 fps, moa load for it with 281 grain Hammer Hunter bullets.
I never really got into the whole shooting bears thing either. :D I've killed a few, but don't make much of an effort to shoot or hunt them. We see dozens of them a year, but I rarely get excited enough to go shoot one. I don't particularly like eating them, especially in the spring when I have a freezer full of better meat, and I don't really need anymore rugs/hides lying around. I will shoot one if its in the right place at the wrong time, but my effort level to hunt one is about on par with shooting a whitetail doe. I have no idea why the quota is so high, other than we hate predators up here. We don't even need a tag for brown/griz bears, some areas you can shoot two a year.

This whole post was made in jest, and it was lost on some it seems. Maybe I'll shoot a bear or 3 this weekend, but more than likely not because I don't want to waste a day dealing with a hide in BFE when I could be looking for moose antlers instead.

I never really got into the whole shooting bears thing either. :D I've killed a few, but don't make much of an effort to shoot or hunt them. We see dozens of them a year, but I rarely get excited enough to go shoot one. I don't particularly like eating them, especially in the spring when I have a freezer full of better meat, and I don't really need anymore rugs/hides lying around. I will shoot one if its in the right place at the wrong time, but my effort level to hunt one is about on par with shooting a whitetail doe. I have no idea why the quota is so high, other than we hate predators up here. We don't even need a tag for brown/griz bears, some areas you can shoot two a year.

This whole post was made in jest, and it was lost on some it seems. Maybe I'll shoot a bear or 3 this weekend, but more than likely not because I don't want to waste a day dealing with a hide in BFE when I could be looking for moose antlers instead.
What is BFE?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back