Best aftermarket recoil pad?

Jbotto

I have to trim the stock down on my wife’s rifle anyways, so I might as well upgrade the recoil pad too. So what is the best one out there? I am planning on buying the Miles Gilbert fixture as well so I can do a few more for myself and then maybe for others too. Been thinking hard about the Pachmyer, but I’m really not sure as I’ve only used the factory pads on my rifles. Thanks in advance!

Ben Lamb

I like Pachmyer decelerators.

If you want a red pad, check out New England custom gun Looks like they took over pachmyers equipment for theirs.

ive only used painters tape & a belt sander to grind pads. The jig looks nice though.

antelopedundee

I've got a couple stocks in the works with the decelerator pads on them, but nothing to comment about them yet.

Last edited:
I’ve used the Pachmayr SC100 models several times when replacing a recoil pad. I think they’re intended for shotguns, but I like the plastic piece at the top that keeps the rubber from sticking to clothing while mounting the gun.

Gunner46

Another vote for the Limbsaver. I have an Air Tech and cannot say enough good things about it !

Millsworks

The limb saver is the best I have used, but it is critical to purchase the proper size in a grind to fit type pad. I have had the misfortune of buying one around 3/16" too large and I ground into the flex area too far.
If you can purchase a ready for model it's not a problem.

ElkFever2

I have 2 limb savers. One is grind to fit, the other I got the closest stock model that fit my project. Very pleased with both

kansasdad

kansasson loves his Limbsaver on his 12 gauge, but he didn't treat the surface that is supposed to make the surface less "tacky" and ease gun mounting.

Jbotto

Limbsaver on my 300 win mag...great customer service too as I had one that was “ melting” and they replaced it no questions asked.
I had heard that about some of the Limbsavers melting or getting really sticky after a few years. Is that still the case or was it fixed?

SMG3006GOV

Limbsaver worked really well on my .338 to tame recoil. Going to put a grind to fit on my used Citori I picked up.