Caribou Gear Tarp

Benelli Nova rifle sights?

SFC B

My nova is the field version. I have been drawn for a shotgun deer hunt in IL this fall and would like to put some rifle sight on to prepare for and use on that hunt. Any suggestions?

If your dead set on it, this could be a good option.

Attachments

• B890F31D-19E4-4E27-9320-0AC304277117.png
    B890F31D-19E4-4E27-9320-0AC304277117.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I would start saving now and get a savage 220, it will also be good for those long shots. I have no problem shooting out to 250 yards with my 220.

I would start saving now and get a savage 220, it will also be good for those long shots. I have no problem shooting out to 250 yards with my 220.
Oh, I like the idea but I can't justify a 220 for a single hunt. :) Shouldn't really be a long distance affair, I would guess 100 and under.

Not familiar with that area but I know a lot of good deer are killed on Corps ground. Ive got a rifled barrel and scope in my ummmmm closet I think maybe or at a buddies house I’d have to find it, anyhow if I locate it I wouldn’t be opposed to loaning it to you, I’m not far from Shelbyville so if something comes up just let me know I’d be more than happy to help you out if I can.

I would look at a fiber optic front bead and rear ghost ring setup.

Sfc, maybe you already know this but if you own a muzzleloader or can borrow one you are allowed to use that during firearm season here. You could probly pick up a used 870 with rifled barrel pretty cheap. Either way using smooth bore field barrel would be my last resort imo.

Last edited:
Sfc, maybe you already know this but if you own a muzzleloader or can borrow one you are allowed to use that during firearm season here. You could probly pick up a used 870 with rifled barrel pretty cheap. Either way using smooth bore field barrel would be my last resort imo.

A muzzy was my first thought too. If that can't happen before I did anything else I would get several different slugs and see how they shoot out of the smooth bore before I bought any kind of sight.

Not familiar with that area but I know a lot of good deer are killed on Corps ground. Ive got a rifled barrel and scope in my ummmmm closet I think maybe or at a buddies house I’d have to find it, anyhow if I locate it I wouldn’t be opposed to loaning it to you, I’m not far from Shelbyville so if something comes up just let me know I’d be more than happy to help you out if I can.
Thanks, I will try and get something decent worked out with mine first but will give you a holler if it doesn't look promising!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back