Yeti GOBOX Collection

BEND ME OVER !!!!!!!

TOM.. they did have on the Reciept that said :

2x styro
1x Crab box

HELl.. I didn't even order CRABS
wink.gif

moosie

O.K. Im back for the free pack of teriacki.
Im going with $806.12 and a free jug of vaseline, so it wouldn"t be so dry when they bent you over..
hump.gif

By the way guys from AZ like Moose meat to.
C.O.D. offer still stands.

Do yourself a favor Oscar. If you plan to go back and do this again. Get yourself the known shipper contract through AK Airlines, especially since they are dropping the weight of your bags waaaaaayyyyy below 70 lbs. For me to ship 100 lbs as cargo from Anchorage to Boise would cost me...care to guess? It is lower than $100.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune dude...that sucks big time.

OAk.. YOU are DAM DAM close !!! All you need to do is Add $1 to your number and some change.. then Throw in another $100
wink.gif

YEPPERS the total was around 810 and some Change. I'll give you the breakdown in the morning on exactly what all the costs were. I don't want to say much about the place becasue I don't think it's jsut them.

I didn't realize that Shipping was going to be as much as it was Etc....

All I have to say is I'll eat it slow and Will eat it all even if it taste bad
wink.gif
eek.gif
drool.gif

LOL LBG, No worries, Live and Learn I guess. I'll stick to "DONATING" it all next time
tongue.gif
Actually the Steaks weren't that bad of a price in comparison, Just the 'Sticks' and 'Shipping'.

here is the Break down :

42.2# steak @ 1.10 = $46.42
76.1# Teriyaki sticks @ $4.95 = $376.7
2x70#Styros = $50
1 Crab Box = $12

SHIPPING :

Box 1 =69# = $132.09
Box 2 =62# = $122.61
Box 3 =11# = $46.90

TOTAL = 485.12+24.26(tax)+301.60(Shipping) = $810.98

DUDE!!! be happy your moose meat spoiled on you for that price or you could have bought a new truck with the money spent to ship it.
Next time do what i do when i fly and kill, ship your gear back UPS and take the meat in coolers as your luggage. I shipped all my camp gear, bow, and left over food back home for 65$ and took 2 coolers of frozen meat home and we taped our horns together as one for free. I took my backpack as carry on.

Ouch. I had something like 300 pounds of meat from my elk, and it was going to be $3.00 a pound to ship it overnight or next day - plus the cost of the ice chests! So I called my buddy Mike and said "Road trip!" I picked him up that Friday afternoon and that's when he asked "Where are we going?"
wink.gif
I guess he wanted a weekend away from the wife and kids?

Hey Moose man

O.K. I win I was only $4.86 off of the price . What do I win - Pack of sticks
a hat , pat on the back- bj or a ( hey nice guess cougar).. alittle acknowledement for the victor here. you stupids!!!!!
wink.gif

Moosie:

OUCH!!!!!! I'm going to forget the terriyali, donate all but the best steaks to the local food bank, and just ship home the best steaks.

KC

Oscar,
I'm sorry, I didnt think you would get screwed that bad through that place. Next time we will take it to our processors and save some money. Hell for 800, you coulda donated all the meat and bought a damn cow down there and had some good beef.

Moosie,
I'd say it's a lot cheaper to take meat with you as extra luggage and get it processed at home. (or donate it to me) Who did you get it processed by up here?

Holy shit is an understatment!!!!! I shipped 40 lbs to my brother over night by Fed-Ex, he got it the next morning by 10 AM and it cost me $67. I'm not to good here at the math, but it sounds like it might have been cheaper.

Sorry they screwed you Moosie. Remind me never to ship my moose or caribou home from Alaska
biggrin.gif

Todd

BUMP...

Sorry for Bumping an Old Topic but We had a Big discussion at my House tonight on Shipping costs and I had to dig this post back up for a Reminder !!!!!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back