Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

BEND ME OVER !!!!!!!

Tim called me and ask about it and I had to tell him it just isn't worth it. Shipping cost are really high. The real killer in the whole deal is a little thing call the TSA.
Unless the shipper is a "Known Shipper" by the TSA the cargo must go on a cargo freight carrier. If the shipper is a "Known Shipper" then it can be freighted on a passenger airline as freight. The cost difference is about $1.40 a pound.
I need an agent in Alaska that would be a known shipper for a commission!
I just quoted a shipment from Hayden, CO to Boston, MA. Two guys doing a combo mule deer and elk hunt. They wanted a price for 800 #. With ground transport from Hayden to Denver, air freight, and ground delivery in Boston the cost was $2398.00. I can't control the prices.
Tim was talking about shipping 200#. His cost would have been about $800 if I am remembering correctly (which is doubtful).
Back to the "Known Shipper". TSA will not allow an individual to be a "Known Shipper". Only businesses can be certified.
Moosie has a business. His business can become certifed as a known shipper and move his product from wherever to his business back in Boise at the lesser rate. Cost for certification is $25 - $50. Well worth the time and expense.
I am working with an Adventure Booking Agent that books clients in Africa. For shipping from RSA to Anchorage, 1 box 30" X 30" X 48" weighing 265#, clearing customs in Atlanta the cost is $1900.
I guess it depends on how much you are willing to spend for your trip.

Once again, if you have time you need to UPS your gear home and go to walmart and buy a few 14$ coolers and take those as luggage. Way cheaper in the long run.
Did that the last 2 years on the elk i killed and the most i paid was 250 for EVERYTHING including the UPS charges.

USPS your gear home and take 100lbs of meat as checked baggage for free. 250lbs on Ak Air cargo from Anchorage to Boise is like $70....

It's easy...

yep, then have a blowout cooler sale for your buddies when you get home. 8$ each! They will jump on it

Maybe you should have made Jerky instead of teryaki sticks and shipped in on a very slow boat? YOu might have saved something on the shipping..

:cool:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back