Beginner Advice Please

Has anyone ever used standard large rifle primers on a 338 win mag? I wonder how much difference it would make.
That’s a lot of powder. I’m sure it would work, but you’ll probably sacrifice a little in accuracy. If you’re going to use those, I’d opt on the end of a little faster powder for that cartridge.

I am about to begin working up my first handload ever. Its for a 338 win mag, specifically for elk. I’m planning on going with Hammer bullets. The folks at Hammer bullets recommended that I start with the 205 power hammer. Would anyone care to recommend a powder? Everything is so hard to find now, I want to make the best educated guess possible. Also, does anyone have any idea where to find large rifle magnum primers? I’ve been watching the websites for weeks with no success. Its like they don’t exist. Thanks everyone!

Has anyone ever used standard large rifle primers on a 338 win mag? I wonder how much difference it would make.

Would probably work just fine with extruded powders if medium to fast burn rates and not crazy cold temps. I definitely wouldn’t go using a slow burning ball powder with a LR primer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back