Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Before and After

cls

Hi All!

I had nothing better to do on the weekend, too damn cold to hunt coyotes!
(-30C and for you Yanks that's about -20F). I decided to do a European mount of my White tail. Here are the pictures of it before and after.

Before
10847white_1-med.jpg

After
10847Euro_1-med.JPG

See YA!

The buck turned out great cls, job well done. See what you can do about keeping those sub-zero temps up there for awhile. Although I know it is only a matter of time since I can see Alberta from here. :eek: :D Hell, 18F felt pretty cold this morning to me. :D

Very Nice. Boiled it I assume??

I always have trouble keeping teh nasal cavity together when trying to extract all the cartalidge (sp)

Pretty color rack too.

Looks Good!

Hey Kelley, the last couple times I've done it with antelope and deer I've used some pool conditioner, soda ash I think it is, and that nasal stuff just poors out of there, I dont even have to touch it. Surprised me really!

Thanx all!

Bwana, I boiled and cleaned for about 5 hrs., changed the water out to fresh about the 3rd hour. Then I changed out the water one last time and added a bottle of peroxide and boiled for another 1/2 hr. What works really well for cleaning the nasal cavity and the brain cavity is a coat hanger and a bottle brush.
By the way this should not be done if you are planning on having company the same day, something to do with smell. :eek: Some how the wife didn't find it all that funny when she came back from shopping with a bunch of her family and I had a pot of deer head soup simmering on the stove. :D

See Ya

Handloader said:
Good Job and nice buck I really like those euro mounts, besides they don't cost an arm and a leg.
you got that right!!!!!

good job :)

Beautiful job! :D
How did you get the antlers to darken up like that?
I have 3 sets to do and did you use a form mount or something else to mount them on. any help would be appreciated.
Again, great job. :)

Great job. Looks like time well spent. Got 2 bear skulls to do and I almost got booted to the dog house last year for boiling in the house. I cant smell but the wife could after 3 hrs of the house being aired out.

Back