Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Been awhile...

ELKCHSR

Probably not long enough for some (no worry, I can still hold my own)... lol... :)
Been doing a lot since last I caroused these pages...

Working in mines, saw mills, down in Las Vegas running construction crews, of course fires, running heavy equipment, putting in underground utilities, constructing, deconstructing buildings, driving big trucks in North Dakota, heating water, next I'm headed to learn how to run rock crushers, graders and scrapers of all things...

Been walking many mountains, fished, hunted as hard as ever, going ice fishing on Monday, heading to a sweat lodge tomorrow...

I still believe life's for the experience and those who don't get off their butts, get out and live it are no more than warm bodies passing thru time...

I've since done 3-5 day cross country hikes in the Mojave desert, a couple in the Cascades in Eastern Washington and two solo boat trips down one of the large rivers in Western Washington for 5 days at a whack...

Of course, I still don't take tents or sleeping bags, have a day pack which doesn't weigh much more than my rifle...

A few years ago, I had a few extremes, it was 125 for the five days with two gallons of water, I was in the Mojave that summer then in the winter did a ten day walk at around twenty below in the Big Hole...

I've followed along the Native traditions more and more, so am not as combative as I used to be, to much wasted energy for the gain...

I've finally learned how to take a walk and not have to come back, living off the land as I go, am hoping to take some two week walks in the near future with about a day bag weight worth of things (toilet paper is something I still kind of like, especially in winter)...

I'm still not head hunting, and even though over the years have had a few chances to take some real monsters, have tended to watch them wander back into the mists of the day since I've learned they don't usually taste very good and I'm still for filling the freezer plus the experience of the day rather than anything else...

Two dreams still in life that I plan to do one of these days are to jump out of a perfectly good airplane and walk the Rockies top to bottom then back...

Elchsr has come out of the mountain caves !!!!!! ;)

Good hearing from ya you kook !!! Glad to see you living life to the fullest. More people should do that.

Thanks Oscar...
I've got some pics of some very monster ditches I helped with...
Been designing a cave house for new property we are looking for...
Biggest thing is a new survival shelter which will hopefully be on the market in not long, it may even end up in a store near you...
You have any more boys??? :)

Glad to see yer around.. i miss the old threads with you Buzz abnd Hoser doing the verbal battle.. I remember the 100 mile hike challenge ..that was funny

Glad to see yer around.. i miss the old threads with you Buzz abnd Hoser doing the verbal battle.. I remember the 100 mile hike challenge ..that was funny

Haven't heard from Jose since he got the e-trade baby gig.:eek:

Welcome back, ELKCHSR. I admire and envy your philosophy and energy level.

Though obviously, you don't have a serious wife and family ... certainly no grandchildren.

Keep after the adventures and send your pics.

@ CJ... It was a little closer to 300, no little 100 milers... I've seen girls do that... :D

@ Moosie... Cool...

@ Elk Hunter... Thanks...

@ Ken... LOL...

@ Greenhorn... far beyond that now in more ways than just survival... It isn't survival any more when your as comfortable in a blizzard setting up camp in the dark as most are sitting on a couch soaking in a game drinking a beer building on their mid section...

@ Draftstud... I wouldn't think much has changed there... maybe hes working on that game of coup and still practicing...

@Straight Arrow... Thanks... most of it just wasn't in the cards, just the way it goes and I'm good with it...
The wife is still serious and have enough little ones around to enjoy and teach...

You want to talk about a survivor? Try Roofus..
bumfight1.jpg

Thats just a typical Arizona Cardinals Fan?.:D. they give them tickets so they can say its another "sellout".. then they can lift the blackout.. [ great marketing]:hump:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back