Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Beef of the Week: September Edition

dgibson

Here's my BEEF OF THE WEEK: cheap bronze "collector" coins.
mad.gif
They're bronze coins, about the size of a 50-cent piece, that have an animal or whatever on one side and the organization's logo on the other. With the first one you get a cheesy vinyl book coin holder thingy.

The first time I saw them was from NAHC, in their "North American Big Game" series. When I first got them I thought "weird, but kind of neat, I guess." Not long after they also sent out the "North American Predators" series. Some time after that I got one from the NRA, in the "Rifles of America" or some such series. Yesterday I received one from Field and Stream magazine, of all places...the first one, anyway, has the same animal as one of the NAHC "Big Game" series, except with the F&S logo on the reverse instead of NAHC's.

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH BRONZE COINS? Did the Franklin Mint decide to start cranking out cheapo bronze coins for free or something? Collectible for WHO? Yesiree...these may be worth all of $0.10 EACH someday! ONLY 10,000,000 were sent out!
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif

This concludes this month's edition of THE BEEF OF THE WEEK. Thank you and have a nice day...and please, watch for flying bronze coins.
soapbox.gif
wink.gif

I know what you mean. The NRA was selling video's of the American Hunter, you were to get a bronze coin with each one. I didn't buy them for the coin, but I only got 7 video's. Forgot all about it till you mentioned them coins. Good thing you only pay for what you get.

Back