Caribou Gear

Beef of the Week, February '04 Edition

dgibson

Today, we're vastly annoyed by "calls for dismissal." "Call for dismissal," "call for resignation," "call for ouster," "call for recall," call it what you will. Last year the trendy thing was to "demand a public apology" from everyone for every little slight and misconstrued comment. :rolleyes: This year, following the recall of California's governor, everybody and their brother has now begun to "call for recall" or "call for dismissal" or whatever each time someone says something a little crass.

It's free speech, folks, so long as you don't say anything that might offend someone! I'll die for your right to say what you want, just so long as what you want to say agrees with me! Your First Amendment rights are guaranteed, but your job isn't! :mad: :rolleyes:
soapbox.gif
:mad:

This concludes the February '04 edition of The Beef of the Week.

You Go D! Don't hold it back! Let's have the 'Full Monty'!! I know you have it in ya, just take a deep breath and let 'er rip.

We're big boys HERE, unlike 'some other forums', so go for it!

G46

See, both of you have it wrong...you have to CALL for things. Therefore, I call for the removal of Ithaca and Delw from this board for demonstrating their ignorance of the Trendy Action of the Day.

The only thing I call for is PIZZA.

Say what you want if feelings get hurt, tough.

Do what you want but be prepared for the consequences. Don't come around whinning if you get hurt or punched in the nose.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back