Caribou Gear Tarp

Beef of the week!

dgibson

OK, I've had all I can stand of certain "catch phrases" in the hunting community, so they have officially become my BEEF OF THE WEEK.
soapbox.gif
I am sick to death of seeing "serious" this and "extreme" that. I recently saw some new lightweight camo that was labeled as being for "extreme warm weather hunts." Extreme warm weather? Isn't that another way of saying "hot?" WTF, are you hunting in the Sahara Desert? Then there's "serious." Serious hunters use scent control products. Serious hunters spend eleventy-million dollars on the latest gear every year. Serious hunters pass on everything that won't make a magazine cover. If you don't do these things, you're just not serious enough. Puh-leeze.
rolleyes.gif

This concludes this week's BEEF OF THE WEEK. I'm off to do some seriously extreme lawn-mowing, so everyone have a seriously extreme good evening!
biggrin.gif

Gotta agree with that one.
Along those same lines, something I saw last year on Babe Winklemans show,which I hate by the way,ticked me off a bit.
He was hunting some plains country and was using a rangfinder. At the end of the show when he hawks his products, he describes the rangefinder and then says how "unethical"it is to hunt without one.
You know what? Ive never hunted with one and the millions of people that hunted before they came out never hunted with one.So I guess we are all unethical hunters.Go purchase one and you will instantly develop ethics.Bulls***.
EDIT: I must have those pants
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-16-2003 16:27: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]</font>

I'm serious! I think the man is extremely PO'ed. It is a radically new experience for him. I mean, it literally re-writes the rule book and brings new meaning to the terms. He is right on the money about this. Get real!

Okay, my bad.

Those are certainly some extreme pants! The only thing that would make them better is if they had a serious zipper in the rear.
eek.gif
C'mon, Lone Howl, don't you know that $500 or $600 is all you need to purchase yourself a set of ethics? Well, not really, because you also have to purchase the most expensive firearm on the market, and top it off with a $1500 scope. If you don't you're not serious and downright unethical.
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Last season, I started doing the extreme, now I am not really interested in the newest any thing, when just two years ago, I had to have the newest every thing. All that really did is fill up the back of my truck and a small pull along trailer, now it is down to about 35 lbs...
That is getting radical...
This year I will be trying to run with 25-30 lbs for a week....
Just where do you put all the newest gadgets in a pack like that....
wink.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bizarrnes
Back