Beau knows life - Ten days in Wyoming deer camp.

Cancer will put life into perspective like nothing else can. It's the ONLY silver lining in that dark cloud, but it is true. God bless Beau!

I'm just in from a two week deer/elk hunt in the high country of Wyoming. If I was not already so established after almost 30 years in Montana, I would be packing my bags for good, taking advantage of the general deer and elk hunting enjoyed by Wyoming residents. Remarkable country that gives new energy to the soul, even if it takes a toll on the physical body.

This is a story about a guy fighting cancer who refuses to put life on hold. Beau Baty got doctor's permission a couple days before we headed out. How he made the steep seven-hour hike to 10,000' with the complications of cancer and the side effects of his treatments is beyond me. I've seen some internal fortitude in my days, but seeing him fight through this to make it happen was inspiring. To quote, upon me asking why he is putting himself through this, Beau answered, "Three things in life are my passion; my family, my God, and high country mule deer."

Seems every year we have one trip that impacts me more than all others. This is one that trip of 2020. I'm slammed with work the next couple days before heading off on our next adventures. I will try to get some coherent words typed over the weekend.

I know I speak for Lorenzo, our other guest hunter, when I say that helping Beau accomplish something he pondered as "out of his reach" meant more to us than any deer we could have taken. When this goes live, I suspect many will watch Beau struggle through and a few will be inspired to pivot from "Someday I want to (insert here)" to "I'm doing that, now."

Always smiling, no matter the situation.
View attachment 156116

Beau took the picture below on his cell phone the day before we packed out in a 60mph storm of rain and snow. He sent this to me with a message of how much he needed this hunt, in spite of the physical challenges it presented. A summer filled with cancer treatments can get the mind and soul in a difficult place, wondering what the future holds and what one will be capable of doing. He said this hunt refreshed his perspective on where he is going and why the struggle ahead will be worth the price. He asked me to post it here. He said the picture gives him the daily reminder of what hunting and sharing camps mean to him.

Beau knows deer. Beau knows life.

View attachment 156118
I have watched Beau since you guys hooked up and he is a first rate guy! His family is a blessing to see on your videos also. I was just watching the one where they took their 3 year old deer hunting today in fact!
i will be praying GOD will use him as a miracle for others to set their standards by. He is one of the most sincere people I have ever seen on the hunting screen! People could take lessons from this great man!!! May GOD Bless Beau with his healing touch and cover his whole family with peace and strength at this time.
In Jesus name I Pray, AMEN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back