Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bears on the bait

nbell

Got the baits out last Thursday.(Yes in ID, I know it isn't legal in WA. Its only 3 miles) I have been swamped at work and didn't get back up to check them until today. First site had nothing. This was the one I had a feeling would be hit, it had 9 bears on it last spring. Second bait, 2 bears on it, and they hadn't eaten all the food yet so I was there just in time. In years past May 3rd has been the earliest I have ever been hit. Now I have to feed these guys over a month until my son has his 10th birthday. Hope to be posting pictures of him with a bear June 1st or shortly there after. Neither one is real big, but can you think of a better 10th birthday present?
PICT0369.jpg

PICT0390.jpg

PICT0419.jpg

Getting hit also.

Attachments

• PICT0249 (2).jpg
    PICT0249 (2).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 890
  • PICT0251 (2).jpg
    PICT0251 (2).jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 886
Cool they are hitting in the daylight already. I would like to try to bait one of these days. I wish it was only 3 miles drive for me.

That chocolate is sure pretty... We don't get any of them in my neck of the woods.

Nice bruin, right there.

QUOTE=Much2hunt;2432059]Getting hit also.
[/QUOTE]

He is a dandy! We are 45 min to the trail head,50 min into our campsite by horse and then a mile or so to our bait site. We set up the site and left for a week.he came in the first time
4hrs after we left!!

, but can you think of a better 10th birthday present?

That is awesome,Wish you both great hunting!

Nick, that would be an unforgettable birthday present, hope to see some pics of a happy young man and his first bear.
Much2hunt, that looks like a really nice bear, love that color.

Anybody else getting a sow vibe from the brown bear? Beautiful bear either way.

Hey I'm starting to bait this year here in Wyoming for the first time in my life. What are you guys using for bait and is a 5 gallon jug sufficient to put it in? I'm thinking dog food with bacon grease or honey for bait. Thanks for the advice gang

Cool pics guys! Your 10 year old is going to love it.

I'd of guessed the chest patch-chocolate as a boar.

Sure wish CO had a spring bear season.

Dog food seems to work well. Only problem is it Is pretty expensive. I usually cut the dog food in half with sweet cob from the feed store. The Bears don't like it as much, but eat it trying to get to the dog food. I like molasses for the smell, but I have a really cheap source to get it. Biggest and most important thing in my mind is to get a ton of smell on a bait site, and use the thermals to your advantage. Good luck this spring. Be warned that baiting Bears is addictive and once you start to get pictures you will be hooked. I enjoy the pictures as much as hunting them. I have also had some pretty cool video on the trail cams. Everything about it is fun, even though I don't shoot one most years.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back