Bears in Colorado

How many bears do you see every year in CO?

• 0-1

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • 2-3

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • 4-5

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • 6+

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Muley_Stalker

I won't argue that bear hunting is crappy in Colorado. Especially, in my area.

I'm not saying anybody should break the law and not get the bear inspected. I'm not sure it's the same as poaching. The hunter was legal when they shot the bear. He was legal when he kept it. He wasn't legal when he didn't get it inspected.

The brochure says the bear head and hide can be taken from the hunter if it's not inspected. I'm not sure what other penalty would be applied. It's certainly not in the same class as poaching.

blaire458

Any body ever hunted black bear in Unit 71? Got drawn for a black bear tag in September this year.

ViperDriver

Im gonna try bear in sept for the first time. I was already thinking this just might be a sightseeing trip ha. My great grandpa killed a bear and i feel i need to also. unit 42 521 etc if anyone wants to give pointers or have a beer out there this fall.
September rifle tag is a good one. Give the local CPW office a call. The steamboat office gave me some good locations to check out. I doubt they would have given me the same level of info if I was asking for elk spots though.

Yeti

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikem