Caribou Gear Tarp

Bear Reports Thread!

haha. It was actually 364.7, so I rounded up.

Who knows what it really weighed, I was just using a chart. He was a fat bastard though, had two Eastern rat deer hunters in his belly.

RustyNuts1.sized.jpg

Greenhorn, I think you should change your name. You are obviously no Greenhorn. If I remember correctly you took a very nice bear last year as well. The one you got a couple days ago is gorgeous. Well done! I saw another bruiser bruin last evening. My buddy was not able to hunt. Hopefully we can get permission to hunt this property and maybe get on him tonight. Rufous.

Rufus.. Greenhorn's an Amature.. Anyone can Shoot a 6' Bear. Big ol' target. It takes a REAL MAN to shoot a bear Like I shoot, when they are only 3'long it's 1/2 the target ;) Plus, I think he';s talking about Elk and Deer... He's new to that sport I think
elkgrin.gif

Bear looks kinda small, plus you shot it with a rifle...big deal.

I hope to use my rifle and kill one just like it too.

Thanks. I used the bear chart from the Custom Osteo web site. He was 6'1 long and 49" around the midsection. Rocky, I think that scar was an old battle wound, he had one on his ear too.

Well we did get permission to hunt some prime private property. They even gave us a key to the gate. This gives us sole hunting access to several square miles of awesome bear habitat. I went back up there by myself Sunday evening and saw a big black one. We could not find him last night but will try again this evening. Rufous.

Hiking back to truck last night and saw a nice one in at the edge of my light. Nice spread of the eyes. Since I didn't kill can I claim it was a 400+ pounder?

Well I'd guess it was about a hundered yard out. Using my own offically calibrated eyes, I'd guess its eyes had true "imbred spread". And since I didn't kill it, it must have been well in exess of a 6 inch spread. "Honest honey its 10 inches." :rolleyes:
drool.gif
hump.gif

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back