Bear base jumping

MarvB

Probably thought I meant "bare" you bastages! ;)

Bro-in-law works for the State road dept. (CalTrans) and sent me these pics this morning, thought I'd share-

This bridge is on the Old Donner Pass Highway. A bear was walking across Rainbow Bridge (Old Hwy 40 at Donner Summit,Truckee) on Saturday when two cars also crossing the bridge scared the bear into jumping over the edge of the bridge. Somehow the bear caught the ledge and was able to pull itself to safety. Authorities decided that nothing could be done to help Saturday night so they returned Sunday morning to find the bear sound asleep on the ledge. After securing a net under the bridge the bear was tranquilized, fell into the net, lowered, then woke up and walked out of the net.

donner2.jpg

donner.jpg

donner3.jpg

donner4.jpg

donner6.jpg

donner7.jpg

Interesting. Good pics. That last pic, it looks like Mr. Bear is thinking about taking a swat at the camera, or whoever is holding it.

That reminds me of a newsclip from LA I saw a while back. A black bear in some guys backyard tree. They don't want the bear to get hurt when it falls out of the tree after the tranquilizer takes effect. So they slide the trampoline over. Bear goes night-night, falls out of the tree, hits the trampoline, bounces approximately the same height it was at in the tree, drifts over a couple of feet and slams into the ground. Funniest thing I had seen in a while. Nice color on that bear, near Truckee,eh? That's not too far away, and to think I wasn't planning on a bear hunt this year.

Good story and pics, its been hitting my work email hard all week.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back