Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Be the Decoy doe

pointingdogsrule

I did not draw a buck tag this year, however, I went west (Wyoming) to get some antelope meat. My two cousins from Baltimore joined me.

I just had to try "spot & stalk" on a doe. I did a 150 - 200 stalk on a buck who had 7 does. I crawled slowly with my head down pretending to be grazing, as the herd was also grazing. They remained calm as I closed the distance. I got to 80 yards and the heart started to beat faster. I had a goal to get to 40 yards before the shot. I had my eye on some sage brush that I calculated was about the 40 yard range rom the does. At 55 yards the three fawns picked up thier heads and looked at me curiously. For some reason I slowly dropped to my stomach. At this point the "herd doe" looked at me and began to walk towards me. I ranged her at 44 yards as she stood broadside. I slowly rose to my knees and drew the bow. 40 yard pin above the white line of the doe & I released. She ran about 10 yards and stood in one place as she "hunched" up (typical of a antelope that has been hit). I watched and could see blood. 10 minutes later she dropped. The shot was low chest & could have been 3 inches higher.

picture.php

good luck to all
the dog

Nice work dog. Super photo --- looks like you are ready for Halloween! You even went to the extent of a shirt and scarf! I did not notice 1st glance. You look hardcore, kidding, reference to another thread.

So did the cousins score too?
Weather looks perfect.
Well done sir.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back