Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Be On Lookout for Errors With MT Refund/Tags Mailed Out

Pleasant surprise to get this in the mail yesterday. One can only hope this means they have a way of tracking this that might make it enforceable this fall F0E3526E-A91A-4F6F-9FF2-40AA1C6B66ED.jpeg

Unless it was sent certified with a return receipt, there is no way that letter makes anything enforceable.
I imagine there is no way a warden can enforce this in the field as well?

This whole fiasco does make a decent argument for digital tags, one click and the IT folks can rescind all the erroneous tags.

Maybe the master plan here is to have a great argument for 100% app usage for 2023 lol

If MTFWP were to make this right it should include a lifetime ban for any hunter or outfitter and client hunting with one of these tags. The more errors they have the harder to believe this wasn’t all intentional. They need to step up and make things right or what little credibility they had left is gone.

The digital tags are a shit show too. Those letters will test the recipients character for sure. mtmuley
Not shocked lol

I do think that's the direction we are headed though, I think the only states I hunt that do have some sort of app are WY, and Massachusetts.

If MTFWP were to make this right it should include a lifetime ban for any hunter or outfitter and client hunting with one of these tags. The more errors they have the harder to believe this wasn’t all intentional. They need to step up and make things right or what little credibility they had left is gone.
That’s the real concern: how is a warden going to know whether or not your tag is legit? Giant list on a computer? Or as someone jokingly mentioned earlier, a large scroll?

Agree that penalties should be heavy, wish there were some way to penalize the original guilty party that made this a problem (rhymes with wish, child-life and sharks)

I think Hanks new easier licensing system is a joke as much as the next guy but, will it really be that hard for the wardens to check? They obviously know who has the wrong tags as they sent out mailers. Put it in a pdf file save it to the wardens phones do a simple Ctrl+F for the name on the license? Don't need cell service.

I think Hanks new easier licensing system is a joke as much as the next guy but, will it really be that hard for the wardens to check? They obviously know who has the wrong tags as they sent out mailers. Put it in a pdf file save it to the wardens phones do a simple Ctrl+F for the name on the license? Don't need cell service.
Ctrl-F from a PDF on your phone? Good luck with that.

Got my refund, very cool of MT for giving me an elk tag and 2 deer tags for $750

Go back and read the @JLS post. Without proof that the hunter was notified of the error it will be very hard to successfully prosecute someone hunting with the license.

Any one heard if FWP has addressed the error of having the archery licenses good through Nov. 29?

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back