Be On Lookout for Errors With MT Refund/Tags Mailed Out

Sadly, that is believable.
I think the thing that will help correct these monumental screwups (sabotage?) is the fortuitous ballooning of fuel prices and persistent ammo shortages. I fully expect to see a lot less pressure on the resource this fall. However, I could be wrong. Still seeing a surprising number of motor homes and big trailers in the Walmart parking lot here.

@Wildabeast

Download the entire AK draw winners list (7445 records)
Converted it to Read only excel
downloaded Office 365 app
downloaded excel sheet
made some coffee, and gave the dog a pupachino
took a screen shot to tease you

elapse time about 20min...

(sorry I haven't had my second pot of coffee so I'm feeling spicy and being a sasshole)

1655739998569.png

Last edited:
@Wildabeast

downloaded excel sheet

(sorry I haven't had my second pot of coffee so I'm feeling spicy)

View attachment 226915
The wardens better be more tech savvy than than their agency in general. They'll all have to download screenshots of your post so they know how to do it.

The wardens better be more tech savvy than than their agency in general. They'll all have to download screenshots of your post so they know how to do it.
I think even Joe Pickett could figure that one out ;) and I know some damn tech savy wardens.

I think the thing that will help correct these monumental screwups (sabotage?) is the fortuitous ballooning of fuel prices and persistent ammo shortages. I fully expect to see a lot less pressure on the resource this fall. However, I could be wrong. Still seeing a surprising number of motor homes and big trailers in the Walmart parking lot here.
I fully expect the opposite. More people come and they stay longer. Many now telework from here for a month or two instead of making multiple trips. It is shocking to me how many people I talk to that come out for the entire season these days.

Talking to these folks the last few years has really swayed my opinion on Montana needing to switch to a pick your weapon/pick your season strategy.

I fully expect the opposite. More people come and they stay longer. Many now telework from here for a month or two instead of making multiple trips. It is shocking to me how many people I talk to that come out for the entire season these days.

Talking to these folks the last few years has really swayed my opinion on Montana needing to switch to a pick your weapon/pick your season strategy.
I suspect the fuel and ammo factors must have some impact on the nonresident crowd but harder hit will be the average Montana resident hunter trying to get by on two or three minimum wage jobs while making flex interest payments on a mobile home. In the overall scheme of things the nonresident hunters are only a fraction of the pressure on the resource even in the best of times. It was very clear to me that the scarcity of ammo had a huge impact on the bird hunting last fall. Very few Montana resident hunters were using the bird refuge and the nonresidents were nothing like they usually are. Yet, the local motel told me 2020 and 2021 summer tourist seasons were standing room only. Crazy busy.
Best they'd done in sixteen years. But then weekend of big game opener they had rooms available. That never happens. Over six weeks hunting pheasants on the refuge I could count the times I saw duck hunters ... on one hand. There's typically five or six parties hunting there every day on the weekends. Last fall some weekends NOBODY but me was hunting ANYTHING on the refuge. I cannot think it will be better this year.

In the overall scheme of things the nonresident hunters are only a fraction of the pressure on the resource
In hunting many days of the six weeks of archery and 5 weeks of rifle the past couple years I have seen the exact opposite. More NR's then ever. No reason to expect anything different this year. Fuel costs will mean more guys in the party to share costs and they will stay longer.

Last edited:
@Wildabeast

downloaded excel sheet

(sorry I haven't had my second pot of coffee so I'm feeling spicy and being a sasshole)

View attachment 226915
Did you embed some fancy macro in that Excel sheet that created a <Cntl> key on the iPhone keyboard?

A little over 500 mule deer doe tags left out of the 5500 quota for region 7 guys. Don’t miss out on your handful.

Haven’t been out much but I know the few resident deer around town we have after the knee jerk cwd killings we have sure aren’t toting any fawns around with them for easy counting. Only seen a few fawns early mornings in North Dakota. These damn doe tags need to come out after we see what the fawn crop is like just like they do antelope.

Back