Be honest about your Wyoming elk app!

5 points regular general.

Based on the results in this thread, I’m predicting that the price increase for special does not increase the draw odds one bit from what they have been the last couple years, with an error rate of 5-7%.

5.33 points group average for Reg General West elk.

I hope we draw, my confidence isn’t that high.

Sorry if this was posted earlier. Seems there was a drop in Special apps. No mention if that means higher in the Regular. Maybe someone on the inside has that data to share...?

Sitting idle at 13 and buying a point this summer. A buddy applied with 13 special for a limited. Hoping we can stagger our hunts

Buying points for elk and putting in for a type 6 in an area I want to hunt on a general tag and put in for a type 4 (I hope to draw on a second choice)in an area I want to burn my points. But I'm kinda sitting in no man's land with 10 points.

Looking at the Bison drawing the price went from $4,500 to $6,500 and the applicants went from 443 down to 369 a decrease of 17%.

I know I was responsible for 2 of the 74 applications that dropped out. The fee increase was part of it but the $163 nonrefundable credit card processing fee X 2 for a 1.1% draw odds application just isn't worth it.

With the decrease in applications and they also added another tag so the draw odds skyrocketed 44% from 1.1% last year to 1.6% this year!

I'm afraid that is what we are going to see with the other species. There will be a reduction in applications and draw odds will go up but they are already so low that isn't not really going to matter much.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back