Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Be honest about your Wyoming elk app!

I was surprised that I almost didn't. I've been putting in for the special since 2009 but really contemplated switching to regular this year.

I have 2 points and am almost positive I could draw a west general tag with that but for now I put in for a harder to draw unit instead. With the other opportunities that I have, I just wasn't sure the general tag was worth $2,000.

My son put in the regular draw with 10 points. I’ll be going with him if he draws. Next year I’ll burn my 11 points and he will go along.
then onto our deer points.with our plan and points in other states we should be hunting somewhere for the next half dozen years or more.

I put in for LE unit in the special draw but don't really expect to get it.

Edited to add this is with 15 points.

Last edited:
I applied for both of my NR nephews, one regular price, one youth fee...barely $1k total.

They're being priced out.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
To be fair, that youth price for a bull tag is a ridiculously good value (best one there is?). I'm to blame for convincing 5 different dads to put their kids name in the hat for a low draw odds unit

Went regular with my mighty 1 point in the general. I got enough else going on this year didn't think it was necessary to go special for a slightly better chance in the random. Honestly more excited about drawing my type 6 tag.

Regular - I won't draw this year. I'm down to a couple of hunts in AZ/CO/WY that I will plan my fall around and won't consider the special unless I think I need to hunt that species that year and the odds look favorable if I apply for the Special.

Back