Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

BAYED - Official Thread

Atta boy Spitz...Congrats! It's Randals lucky day! Man-o-man do you have some great prizes on here Fin.

Fin or anyone else on HT, do you use a CDS scope? I am currently looking at purchasing a new Leupold and not sure if I want to go with the CDS or just the standard 3.5x10X40.

Yes, I have four of them. They are all they are cracked up to be, and then some.

For the difference, I would get the CDS, especially if you have settled on a load that you really like for that rifle you will be mounting the scope to.

Thanks for the advice. Seems like you can't really beat it when the prices are so comparable. I have to get one on my new Savage 111bth 25.06 so I can have it all dialed in for next season. Just have to save up the cash as the rifle put a dent in hunting money already for the year.

Thanks for the advice. Seems like you can't really beat it when the prices are so comparable. I have to get one on my new Savage 111bth 25.06 so I can have it all dialed in for next season. Just have to save up the cash as the rifle put a dent in hunting money already for the year.

That should be a good combo. While I the SHOT show, I spent a lot of time on the bench with the Savage and Leupold combos. Left the bench very impressed, especially with the new 5.5 pound ultra-light mountain rifle they had prototyped for that event.

I had not spent a lot of time with the Accu-trigger before, but was very impressed. Had one dialed down to 2.5 pounds, and got some good input from the engineers of how simple it is and how safe it is.

Also learned how much I like the new Kimber 84M in a .280 Ackley Improved. Too bad Federal doesn't load that ammo. Could be one of the most versatile calibers around.

So many rifles, so little time. :(

Good luck with that rifle.

Thanks for the tips and help I'll post a couple pictures when I get that rifle all suited up. Also thanks again for all your time on this BAYED drawing..it has been a lot of fun.

That should be a good combo. While I the SHOT show, I spent a lot of time on the bench with the Savage and Leupold combos. Left the bench very impressed, especially with the new 5.5 pound ultra-light mountain rifle they had prototyped for that event.

I had not spent a lot of time with the Accu-trigger before, but was very impressed. Had one dialed down to 2.5 pounds, and got some good input from the engineers of how simple it is and how safe it is.

Also learned how much I like the new Kimber 84M in a .280 Ackley Improved. Too bad Federal doesn't load that ammo. Could be one of the most versatile calibers around.

So many rifles, so little time. :(

Good luck with that rifle.
Got myself my first savage last year 111fcns and put a 4-12x40mm leupold on it.I was very impressed with the gun also.I belive savage makes the most accurate factory rifle out there these days.I consistantly hear of guys saying there savages shoot great.Maybe next year a savage rifle will be in the BAYED.Fin I would love to hear more about this prototype rifle if you could tell us about it.

Fin I would love to hear more about this prototype rifle if you could tell us about it.

Sure. Built on a short action. The one I was shooting was a .308. Wood laminate stock, with very nice finish. Routered forearm holes in the laminate to reduce weight, in areas that would not affect stock performance or accuracy. Very much like the forearm on the BTH rifles Savage makes.

Bottom loader magazine with four shot clip that mounts flush with the bottom of the stock. Spiral bolt with machining to reduce weight. I can't remember if this one had a 20" or 22" barrel. I am thinking 20".

I was impressed with how much feedback they were asking of guys who were shooting it. I am not sure about the spiral bolt. It worked good, but seemed to put diagonal pressure on the rounds in the magazine while working the bolt forward. They were aware of that and were already planning small tweaks to it.

They are working out a few more kinks. Not sure when it will be released, but when they told me the price point, it seemed like it would sell real well. When I shot it at the bench at 200 yards, it was very smooth and accurate. I was the first guy to be shooting it and we were getting the scope dialed to zero. Once that was done, the chicken silhouette took a serious beating.

I think it will be available in many different calibers, but couldn't tell you for sure which ones. I suspect any built on the .308 case, and probably the WSM family. Helps keep weight down.

With the Leupold VX3 2.5-8X36mm, the entire thing weighed just over 6.5 pounds, when loaded. I guess I should have taken some pictures.

We lost a lot of time with the two guys who did not claim their prizes, so I have posted the next prize and the winner over on the scoreboard thread.

The next item is the Leupold VX3 - CDS. Here is a link to the Leupold site of the exact scope that winner will receive.

Click here for the scope some lucky guy will win.

Leupold is not only a maker of some of the finest scopes around, they are the best supporter of the On Your Own hunter and of our conservation organizations.

If you get a chance, please tell Leupold thanks for supporting us, our style of hunting, and the future of hunting.

Leupold feedback page.

Feedback Sent - Big Thanks also to Big Fin & OYOA for supporting this long azz thread..... keep'r go'in....;)

Congrats Spitz & WTG Randall K

I have been shooting a savage in a 300 wsm ever since they first came out with the accutrigger and love it. There no tension at all on it until right before the click. I know it has help a couple friends over come their magnum flinch. I would like to see how well the rifle performed with a new CDS sitting on top of it tho.

Here's the link to Savage's sight on the rifle.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11LH

It'd be interesting to see how light one could make one with a very light synthetic like a McMillan Edge or an MPI.

Looks similar to the one they had, but different stock style and material. Also had a different finish to the metal, beyond the normal bluing, some sort of new weather guard finish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back