Barrel Maker Suggestions

I'm partial to Shaw. Sure there are better barrels out there but they also come with a price. I might have a bias though because Shaw is local to me.

At one time I designed and spec barrels for a large company. I got to test, measure, inspect barrels from most manufactures. In my opinion if you are looking for threaded, chambered, contoured barrels you will have a hard time finding a better value than ER Shaw barrels. They do a good job threading, contouring and chambering. It seems like you have some machining capability so I would get a deep chambered, threaded and contoured barrel. Then you don't need a reamer.
I also agree the 280ai is long for the 98. I have a 98 in 280ai with a shaw barrel.

I have no personal experience with Pacnor barrels so I can't really comment on them. But I do know a couple of people who had results like Buzz.

I have a gun with a Shilen that shoots lights out and 2 others with Bartlien. They all shoot good. The Shilen was my first custom so I've always had a little crush for it.

I’m going to try ER SHAW in 1:9 twist on my 25-06 since it’s a straight rebarrel. If it shoots well, I’ll go that path for the Mauser project.

I appreciate everyone’s input on this. I’ll keep the thread going with pictures as the project progresses.

Thanks again!!

Benchmark and Lilja (both repetitiously accurate) is what I have but I sure hear Bartlein mentioned a lot.

I put a 24" Lilja 1-11 twist on my Weatherby Mark V 30/06 and am very happy with it

Need to find out what barrel maker was used for my Nosler M48

I put a 24" Lilja 1-11 twist on my Weatherby Mark V 30/06 and am very happy with it

Need to find out what barrel maker was used for my Nosler M48

I believe Pac Nor supplied them in '13. Current Nosler info leads one to believe they are providing their own or perhaps re-branding a subcontractor currently.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back