Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

"Bare" Hunting Adventures with Moosie....

YEs Indeed.. I must of forgotten that part Gunner, The part with the Knife in the Teeth and all
elkgrin.gif

Ovis, I'm not a great writer but am A Great hunter, that's why I bring others on hunts like this, I supply the Animals, they supply the story, And after reading Gunners version, It's Always the TRUE story to boot !!!

Next thing you know he's going to tell you he packed out the 4 ~ 1/4's himself while I watched .... :cool:

After quickly rendering the bear harmless, I whistled for Moosie and hollered to let him know that I found the bear. (Little did I know he couldn't hear me, and was now jacking a shell in the chamber, ready to make a "brush shot" at me... :eek: )

The spot where the bear was would have been difficult to find from the side, only from above could the bear be spotted. The North faces are sure greening up well this Spring.

Moosie then asked if it was big, and I answered back "It has a nice coat".... :D

Moosie finally got to the bear, and there was definitely an air of relaxation that came over him. It is always a bit anxious when looking for a critter that you have shot, and can't find. Nobody enjoys that feeling. :(

We then got the cameras out (yes, I was carrying both cameras) and started taking pictures. It must have been a long time taking pictures, as by the time we got the Video out, Moosie's introduction was "Well, It is the 29th of December and ....." :rolleyes:

We decided to gut the bear then, and leave it overnight, as it was as cold in the hole we found him as back at camp. And in the morning, we could bring in the pack frames so that I could pack out all the Quarters myself.

We then hiked back up to the Samosonite, and headed to the river. We knew we had a bit of explaining to the two gals, and wanted to let them know it would be safe to sleep there, as we had dispatched the bear.... :cool:

HEY Ovis.. We took a Picture just for you :D

5_27_04_bb_paw.sized.jpg

Ten bears..... It's not my fault he spent 1/2 the Bear season in AK hunting bears...

Sounds more like he spent 1/2 the bear season in AK helping someone else hunt bears. Does EG evewr kill anything, or is he a closet "hugger"? ;)

Right on Moosie!! :D Great story and she looks like a beauty bear there hombre! If anyone deserves a good bear, its you - man you guys bust your ass fattening up those furballs. (Remember, as I'm sure you've heard before, size doesn't matter ;) ) You're learnin' with those pics, though.

Moosie. Great looking bear and great story guys. The head looks like it's a good one. I was thinking about the samsonite luggage and thought you might of picked up the wrong bag back at the Granola girls camp and when Gunner reached for the camcorder all he found was some other battery operated devise. :eek:
hump.gif
What a picture, Two bear hunters in the woods getting ready for the "money shot"and no camcorder :eek: ;) :D Congrats guys.

Funny thing is I think it's a TOAD for this Area. You hear about the 300# bears but never see many of them in this area. I think People jsut try to Pack it out and think that a 120# bear is 300# as they are hauling it .. Hehe.

At any rate, We're heading back up Thursday to See if Wylee can Shoot one and to check the Film to see what else is in the area. Gunner is heading up to Site "T".

As far as Gunner being a Closet "HUGGER" Sometimes I really wonder about him. That being said I have see him Shoot geese (Most of mine is you believe his stories) and a pheasant once. And I have seem a 6 point bull in his house and Some Dang nice 'bou. That being said I never seen him pull a trigger on a Big game animal, Although He sure as Heck Hunts HArd for them.

Here is a Few More Pictures and I'm downloading a Few more shortly...

bear1.sized.jpg

bear8.sized.jpg

bear3.sized.jpg

Good looking bugga Moosie,well done you two guys,Uumm Moosie why arn't its ears on top of it head like all your others.j/k mate its a beauty.

Awesome bear guys, next time you guys need a camera man just holler:) Looks like time well spent to me by Pic #1 , seen babys(bears) myself thus-far this season but plan to remedy that this fall. Good story too. ;)

I know that MY name should be "GUNNER" with the "GUNS" I pack on my arms... But I won't change it quiet yet, But here's a Picture to show off my "GUNS" :rolleyes:

5_27_guns.sized.jpg

I was Wearing sleaves till I flexed ... HEHE !!!

Anyways, Gunner was a Lier and I did Have a Hat, Here is another Picture :

5_28_hat1.sized.jpg

Heck, Even BEA BEA wanted to Wear a Hunttalk.com Hat :

5_28_hat2.sized.jpg

The Weather the Next day Walking into the Bait site was COOL. I pulled a Few Pictures From the Cam corder to Share....

5_28_fog1.sized.jpg

5_28_fog2.sized.jpg

5_28_fog.sized.jpg

Here is a Picture from were I shot. I'm at a Stump and Looking into the Bait site. It's on the Right and You can Almost make it out jsut to the Right of the Last FULL length tree you can See and Before all the Brush. It's Brownish color. The White Shirt Hanging from My Stand is a Scent dumper and I blasted through the Brush (I swear I had an Opening ;) ) in between the Bait and the Stand somewere :

5_28_shot.sized.jpg

Looking down from the Flat stop that the Bait is At, Comtinuing down the Hill it looks like this :

5_28_thick.sized.jpg

Good luck finding ANYTHING in there !!!

Other then That I think all the details left are Crap, So I'll post a Picture of some :

poop2.sized.jpg

Careful Oscar, the Geek is going to accuse you of taking pictures in several different outfits so you can claim you shot more than one bear. ;)

Congrats on the bruin.

Oak

Awesome looking bear Moosie and again, way to go!!

What you have planned for the pretty lady? How about the bear? ;)

Back